Voom Internet at Sea! Why buy separately?

Some OK sales for the start if summer on Cruise Planner. Was able to get an extra 5% off thrill water park which I had purchased months ago and had only been going up. Also, Voom is nicely discounted. Question, my sister and BIL will need voom. Getting them each the surf and stream package is more expensive than getting one of them the package but selecting "TWO" devices. Am I missing something? I'm planning on recommending that just one of them buys it with multiple devices. 

Thanks!

I am an advocate for separate accounts.  Dan and I both have multiple devices which we constantly switch around.  If we had only 1 sign-in (1 account allowing multiple devices) we would constantly be knocking one another off of their device.  In fact, we have already tried this and now know that to prevent someone going over the side accidentally (or not), we must each have our own account.  Period.

If your sister and BIL can play nice and will not be constantly changing devices, then a single account with multiple devices will most likely work.  It did NOT work for us.

2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am an advocate for separate accounts.  Dan and I both have multiple devices which we constantly switch around.  If we had only 1 sign-in (1 account allowing multiple devices) we would constantly be knocking one another off of their device.  In fact, we have already tried this and now know that to prevent someone going over the side accidentally (or not), we must each have our own account.  Period.

If your sister and BIL can play nice and will not be constantly changing devices, then a single account with multiple devices will most likely work.  It did NOT work for us.

So if two people do "one user,2 devices" and log in on each phone and that's it...no problem? But if I decide I want to use my tablet, it will boot one of the phones off,correct? 

6 minutes ago, ScottD said:

So if two people do "one user,2 devices" and log in on each phone and that's it...no problem? But if I decide I want to use my tablet, it will boot one of the phones off,correct? 

I'm sharing a 2 device plan with my son this week.   I'm switching devices often.   As long as I logout my active device before trying to log in my new device its fine.   If I forget to logout before switching then I'll be prompted to kick off an existing device.  It will likely kick off his phone since it's longest connected.   You don't get to pick which device gets booted.  

He won't know he has been kicked off as he wanders around the ship until he tries to use the internet.   If I text him, he won't get the message until he logs back in.   So I've been diligent to logout before switching.  

OK, I think??? We had 1 person, 2 device's. Both used on our phones. Never used on tablet. But what I'm hearing is if one of us wanted to switch from phone to tablet, all we would have to do to not effect the other is log out of the first one we are using, right?

I think as long as you follow the log out of one before starting another rule, it's a way better deal to do 1 person, 2 devices.

19 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, I think??? We had 1 person, 2 device's. Both used on our phones. Never used on tablet. But what I'm hearing is if one of us wanted to switch from phone to tablet, all we would have to do to not effect the other is log out of the first one we are using, right?

I think as long as you follow the log out of one before starting another rule, it's a way better deal to do 1 person, 2 devices.

This is what my wife and I do...a 2-device plan with two phones and an iPad.  We both make sure to log off before one of us changes to the iPad (or back).

31 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

This is correct.  If you log out first, you're fine.

20 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

Me and my 26-year-old son share one device for one person.  We just communicate who is connected.  While on the cruise I am working and he is doing his school work but we seem to make it work without any issues.  This allows us to save the money for other things.  

Mike, how do you communicate via text, when you are on different areas of the ship but only one of you have a device on wifi? Or is that not a concern for you?

16 hours ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

Mike, how do you communicate via text, when you are on different areas of the ship but only one of you have a device on wifi? Or is that not a concern for you?

RCL has a free messaging application.  You connect to the ship free Wi-Fi and you get the messages and updates of schedules.