Scanning the set sail pass has gotten ridiculous

Just got off Navigator.  When boarding from San Pedro, it was a bit overboard.  First they checked set sail visually, then scanned when they're pointing us where to check in(?), then when actually checking in (the people who take your pic), Then when we got up the ramp to board, then 5 seconds later after actually boarding.  I'm not a piece of mail moving through the country.  No reason for all these scans. 

31 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

That sounds just like what they did in Galveston in April.  I would rather them do that much scanning than let a bad actor on the ship.

All they need is one to check in then one to get on. Didn’t really affect me, but the families and people who had printed set sail passes seemed to have more problems. It was just unnecessary. If they were trying to acquire timing stats or something, they could maybe post a sign, but I doubt that’s the case. 

I've always had dining time (early or late) respected.  The other things though you would have the same luck putting a message in a bottle and heaving it from the beach in hopes that it finds your steward.

Once you tell the steward though, it happens quite reliably

14 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I've always had dining time (early or late) respected.  The other things though you would have the same luck putting a message in a bottle and heaving it from the beach in hopes that it finds your steward.

Once you tell the steward though, it happens quite reliably

I don’t know what happened with the dining, but the dining room staff sorted it out in no time - bonus points for them

11 hours ago, Wheeler825 said:

Just got off Navigator.  When boarding from San Pedro, it was a bit overboard.  First they checked set sail visually, then scanned when they're pointing us where to check in(?), then when actually checking in (the people who take your pic), Then when we got up the ramp to board, then 5 seconds later after actually boarding.  I'm not a piece of mail moving through the country.  No reason for all these scans. 

That’s a lot. Bayonne is upon check in and then when exiting the terminal to get to the escalator/elevator to the ship.I hate the set sail on the phone but gave up printing it. 

I find that my requested MDR early seating is on my Cruise Receipt…but if I pre-purchase a three meal dining package on a seven day cruise, they automatically switch me over to My Time Dining. In the past, I wouldn’t notice it until I inspected my actual key card…or worse, when I went to early seating. 
Now…as soon as I board, I go directly to the MDR host desk and have them switch me back to early dining. And request a two-top table. I don’t like having to rush boarding and then standing in line at the host desk…sometimes for more than half and hour…but have to get there before all the slots are filled.