Menu Schedule

OK, So I'm having a brain fart. 

I staked out the exact same Eastern Caribbean itinerary as mine months ago and change the date in the app that week in March so I could see in real time what was offered each night and schedules etc.

What I want to know is when and how (if at all???) I can see next Sundays 21st May MDR schedule for the week. We decided to downgrade to the 3nt dining package (couldn't get package sold for all in advance). So now trying to figure out which nights are MDR and which will be specialty. All I have to go on is the March 5th sailing as the itinerary was identical. But should I be able to access the menus for the week somewhere at some point?

Menu rotations don’t change for sailings of the same length on the same ship. I’m not even sure the “same ship” part is even relevant. So if your sailing is a 7 nighter on the 21st and your ship is currently on a 7 nighter, the menu rotation will be the exact same. 

29 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

Menu rotations don’t change for sailings of the same length on the same ship. I’m not even sure the “same ship” part is even relevant. So if your sailing is a 7 nighter on the 21st and your ship is currently on a 7 nighter, the menu rotation will be the exact same. 

No I've actually seen it differs on Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Depending on the ports and whether PDCC is at the beginning (day 2) or end (day 6 or 7). This changes formal/French night from day 2 to day 3. So far my specific itinerary has come only 3 times since Dec. 

But will the week be available on app at boarding or anyplace else to check before making dining reservations?

32 minutes ago, CanHardlyWait said:

No I've actually seen it differs on Eastern Caribbean itineraries. Depending on the ports and whether PDCC is at the beginning (day 2) or end (day 6 or 7). This changes formal/French night from day 2 to day 3. So far my specific itinerary has come only 3 times since Dec. 

But will the week be available on app at boarding or anyplace else to check before making dining reservations?

It may show up on the app on the morning of boarding but before you actually board.

Once you are connected to the ship's wifi (which you may be able to in the terminal while waiting to board) you should be able to see the full rotation.

I agree that they can sometimes change. I had a rare itinerary (8 nights out of NJ on Anthem) and did the exact same thing you did. I was planning to book our specialty for night 6, which on the previous identical cruise had been the Mexican menu. Lo and behold on my cruise that night was the Asian menu, which is very new and, for me, so much better than the Mexican, so I was glad I checked immediately after boarding before actually booking the specialty restaurants.

I started tracking Quantum's 7 day menus once they arrived in Canada/Alaska last week as I have 2 weeks booked later this summer and also want to figure out where I want to make specialty reservations.

Last week it was:

1-Welcome Aboard, 2-France, 3-Mexico, 4-Caribbean, 5-Italy, 6-Royal, 7-Bon Voyage

This week it is

1-Welcome Aboard, 2-France, 3-Asia, 4-Italy, 5-USA, 6-Royal, 7-Bon Voyage

so days 3, 4, and 5 differ from the previous week and 2 of them are completely different menus. Am going to continue tracking for curiosity's sake... 

2 hours ago, Sweethunnybear said:

I’ll be going on my first RCL cruise 8-night Southern Caribbean in September on Harmony. Just wondering what the menu rotation will be as I’ve only seen listings for 7-night cruises. This will give us an idea for planning specialty restaurants. Thanks!

Look for a sailing similar to yours in the app and you will get an idea. 

On 5/17/2023 at 8:04 PM, Ampurp85 said:

Look for a sailing similar to yours in the app and you will get an idea. 

There are no similar sailings listed on the main page except for a May 2022 sailing on the Allure and that was the old menu.

The app only lists day one menu and then for all other days it only lists the children's menu.

17 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

There are no similar sailings listed on the main page except for a May 2022 sailing on the Allure and that was the old menu.

The app only lists day one menu and then for all other days it only lists the children's menu.

This appears to be a result of the new app update.

On 5/15/2023 at 7:43 AM, FloatyBoaty said:

I started tracking Quantum's 7 day menus once they arrived in Canada/Alaska last week as I have 2 weeks booked later this summer and also want to figure out where I want to make specialty reservations.

Last week it was:

1-Welcome Aboard, 2-France, 3-Mexico, 4-Caribbean, 5-Italy, 6-Royal, 7-Bon Voyage

This week it is

so days 3, 4, and 5 differ from the previous week and 2 of them are completely different menus. Am going to continue tracking for curiosity's sake... 

update - this week 5/22-5/28 is the same as last:

On 5/25/2023 at 3:06 PM, Jolly Ogre said:

The other options (I've seen other cruises in the app for 10 or 11 day cruises and longer) appear to be Asia, Britain, USA, Mediterranean, & Royal History  in addition to the ones listed that I had on a 7 night Anthem cruise in March -- Welcome Aboard, France (aka 1st formal night), Caribbean, Mexico, Italy, Royal (aka, 2nd formal night, lobster tail night) Bon Voyage.)  Looked in the app at a 12 night Jewel of the Seas to get those options

On 6/3/2023 at 11:46 AM, MaryCS62 said:

The other options (I've seen other cruises in the app for 10 or 11 day cruises and longer) appear to be Asia, Britain, USA, Mediterranean, & Royal History  in addition to the ones listed that I had on a 7 night Anthem cruise in March -- Welcome Aboard, France (aka 1st formal night), Caribbean, Mexico, Italy, Royal (aka, 2nd formal night, lobster tail night) Bon Voyage.)  Looked in the app at a 12 night Jewel of the Seas to get those options

Oh I know what the menu options are...its just I don't know what theme is going to be on which days... I am trying to plan my speciality dining and I know which themes I want to skip I just don't know what days those are going to be.

1 hour ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Oh I know what the menu options are...its just I don't know what theme is going to be on which days... I am trying to plan my speciality dining and I know which themes I want to skip I just don't know what days those are going to be.

I know what you mean - on Anthem, DH wanted to do Jamie's, so I picked the night I thought was going to be Mexican - nothing really appealed - and closer to our departure, the menu changed - Mexican disappeared, and British night was there instead! I definitely wanted that, so cancelled and re-ordered Jamie's so that we went in Italian night instead. Only problem was that we had MTD, and when I had to pick a time for the night we originally had Jamie's, it was impossible to get something before 9pm, since we were only a couple of weeks out. 

2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

I know what you mean - on Anthem, DH wanted to do Jamie's, so I picked the night I thought was going to be Mexican - nothing really appealed - and closer to our departure, the menu changed - Mexican disappeared, and British night was there instead! I definitely wanted that, so cancelled and re-ordered Jamie's so that we went in Italian night instead. Only problem was that we had MTD, and when I had to pick a time for the night we originally had Jamie's, it was impossible to get something before 9pm, since we were only a couple of weeks out. 

Yup that is the delima... I have a 3 night dining pkg and don't care to do the Mex, French or Italian night.

3 hours ago, wordell1 said:

It has been similar thus week on Ovation. No Mexican or Carribean and replaced by Asia and USA.

Well, I'd be ok with that. Going on a 9 night and hoping to skip Mexican and Italian. Might do Solarium if there's a night we don't like. Won't do specialty on that one, because in the 7 day following it we have the UDP.