Royal Caribbean Blog

How to carry wine on board

17 hours ago, Great_Canadian_Pat said:

I'm NOT condoning this, just sharing an experience I'd heard about that got 2 bottles of personal vodka on board...

Goes without saying this is against the rules of the cruise line.  

My personal thoughts are like it or not, the drink prices are what they are and you can elect to limit your drinking to on shore and save a ton of money. 

Aside from any moral argument, I personally don't find it worth it to bring booze onboard (beyond what is permitted). I've done it in the past, for sure. Ultimately I realized that I was then stuck with one or two options, only in my room, and was schlepping liquids around. The end result was pretty much always that I had a large bar tab in addition to the hassle. I guess in summary, yup, there are ways to do it, but I don't find it worth it either. As I get older, I also feel slightly more guilty about it, especially around the lack of beverage gratuities paid out to the hard working staff.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Goes without saying this is against the rules of the cruise line.  

My personal thoughts are like it or not, the drink prices are what they are and you can elect to limit your drinking to on shore and save a ton of money. 

2 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

Aside from any moral argument, I personally don't find it worth it to bring booze onboard (beyond what is permitted). I've done it in the past, for sure. Ultimately I realized that I was then stuck with one or two options, only in my room, and was schlepping liquids around. The end result was pretty much always that I had a large bar tab in addition to the hassle. I guess in summary, yup, there are ways to do it, but I don't find it worth it either. As I get older, I also feel slightly more guilty about it, especially around the lack of beverage gratuities paid out to the hard working staff.

It would definitely not be worth the hassle as from what I understand, mix still had to be sourced, and then poured in secret. Save the worry and headache and buy a drink package if it's that important! Plus, support RCL! Thanks for the insights fellas! 

GCP

On 6/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, klaconqueso said:

I've typically seen it recommended that you pack the wine in your carry on rather than your checked bag to avoid being sent to the 'naughty room'.

we always carry on 1 or 2 bottles depending on cruise length & also have ordered the scotch pkg for the room for Bud - if he wants drink before the D Lounge hours ... we're not big drinkers so are satisfied with that for the day & the drinks before dinner ... & whatever they offer at C&A party & over on Coco Cay, etc.