On line check in

Wiliam

You have to have appropriate travel identification documents proving citizenship and residency so that Royal Caribbean can submit the ship manifest to the appropriate authorities before the cruise.  This manifest is used to obtain entry visas from the various ports you will be visiting and returning to.  The actual documents required can vary depending on the country and port you are leaving from, the countries you will be visiting, and the port you are returning to.  If you are a US citizen and are traveling on a closed loop cruise (departing and returning to the same port in the US, then most of the time you will need either a passport or a birth certificate.  If you are not doing a closed loop cruise, which is common for Alaska cruises and repositioning cruises, then you will need a passport.  You will not be able to complete check-in without these documents regardless of whether you check in online, through the app, or at the port.

Royal Caribbean does mention the need for these documents to complete check-in on their website, so I am not sure why you would be upset with Matt.

What documents are required to check-in? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

I do wish you the best and hope you are able to get your documents sorted soon so you can have a wonderful cruise.

6 hours ago, Wiliam said:

A little upset with Matt and RC. No where did I read or has Matt ever said that if you don’t have a passport you can’t complete online check in. Do I now have to wait until I get to the port? 😡😡

Are you upset because you could not get a boarding time? You can only get a boarding time WITHOUT documents on the App. If you try doing it online you can not get to boarding time selection without documents.. This has been spelled out clearly by @Matt and several other posters.  Hopefully you will read @DoomSlayer's post above.

Hoping you have a great cruise.

7 hours ago, Wiliam said:

if you don’t have a passport you can’t complete online check in.

This is not true.  Even though I HAVE a passport, I am choosing to board with my birth certificate/DL on our upcoming cruise to validate that process for the further-in-the-future upcoming cruise when my passport will be in the process of being renewed.  I just want to make sure the BC/DL process works before relinquishing my passport !

I was totally able to complete the online checking without my passport information.

10 hours ago, Wiliam said:

A little upset with Matt and RC. No where did I read or has Matt ever said that if you don’t have a passport you can’t complete online check in. Do I now have to wait until I get to the port? 😡😡

Uh, check in with a different type of document.  Assuming you are a US citizen, you don't NEED a passport for most cruises but you haven't told us anything about your situation that would let us help you further.