Seattle port to Airport time?

deep1

Yeah yeah I know... Don't book return flight til noon or later?  We arrive Seattle 6-7 in morn (Two different times on itineraries). There is a flight back to EWR at 11:32 AM. Gets in at 8:PM.  I know in Miami or Lauderdale, I'd feel fairly comfortable in trying to make that flight. I don't have a clue how far airport is from port  in Seattle. If that one is out of reach the next flights are late night and don't get in to EWR til the next morn when Fiancé is supposed to work. Anybody?

It's about 30 mins (depending on traffic of course).  I'm also going to try for an 11:20 flight this year for the same reason of not wanting to wait until the next available flights that evening.  Last year I remember thinking that I would have made it in plenty of time if we weren't on an evening flight and looking to just kill time.

Given that your flight departs at 11:32 AM, you should allow at least 2 hours for travel and check-in time at the airport. This means leaving the port no later than 9:30 AM. While it's certainly possible to make the flight with that amount of time, it's always safer to leave a little extra time in case of unexpected delays or traffic.

If you don't feel comfortable with the 9:30 AM departure time, I would recommend looking for a later flight or considering staying an extra night in Seattle and flying out the next morning.

12 hours ago, deep1 said:

Yeah yeah I know... Don't book return flight til noon or later?  We arrive Seattle 6-7 in morn (Two different times on itineraries). There is a flight back to EWR at 11:32 AM. Gets in at 8:PM.  I know in Miami or Lauderdale, I'd feel fairly comfortable in trying to make that flight. I don't have a clue how far airport is from port  in Seattle. If that one is out of reach the next flights are late night and don't get in to EWR til the next morn when Fiancé is supposed to work. Anybody?

What day of the week are you returning? If it's Sunday all the locals are returning home so traffic is heavier than Saturday. If it's a weekday then it's possible. Just remember ANY accidents on I-5 will wreck any hope of getting to the airport on time. I live here. You can try Google maps it will give you a fairly accurate travel time. 

More workers here are being called back to the office so I've noticed an up tick in traffic. 

Just remember, you are assuming that: 1) No delays pulling into port, 2) No delays getting through Customs, 3) No heavy construction or accidents on I-5, 4) minimal lines to drop off bags, and 5) minimal line through security. And 11:30 is when the plane LEAVES,  not when the plane boards. That takes away another 30 minutes alone

I believe you can make an appointment to go through security at Seattle. Also you can have an issue with drawbridges as happened to us. Added 20 minutes to the trip and some passengers were really sweating it out. Our flight was after noon so we just let them off first so they could run for it.

Should be fine. As a tip, you can always go to Google Maps and plug in your origin and destination and it'll tell you how long it takes. I like to take a few weeks of the same day and time (for example, Sunday at 8am if that's about when you think you'll be making the drive) to get an average. 

• 3 months later...

If I were you, I'd play it safe and book a later flight back to EWR. Since you're not familiar with the area, it's better to give yourself some extra time in case there are any unexpected delays or problems. Another option you could consider is booking a flight for the next day if it works better with your fiancé's work schedule.I've always believed that, it's always a good idea to have a bit of extra time when planning flights. Rushing around can be super stressful and might cause all sorts of issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I travel to Seattle quite a bit, matter of fact.. I leave again on Sunday. I would say it would take you on a good day with Uber/Lyft approximately 30 minutes without delays, however I-5 traffic does get congested every day during work hours, weekends are hit and miss with the congestion of traffic throughout the day, depending on what’s going on in that area. Now Sea-Tac airport check-in is very tricky…I’ve managed to walk right up to the counter and also had to wait 45 minutes just to check-in, I fly Delta and have priority via there rewards travel program as a frequent flyer.  TSA pre-check line has been very slow lately, usually 30 minutes to get passed security screening and on my way, however I’ve seen it take longer. If you have Clear…you breeze right through security screening, like 5 minutes max. Regular lines are hit and miss, I’ve seen people waiting 2 hours and miss there flights and seen where standard time is 1 hours general getting through security.. it all depends on how many screening points are up and running and how the tsa screening teams feel like doing there job. That’s another story 😂

YES, they have the Luggage Valet thing...and it's free!

We are on Quantum next week and have already signed up for the valet.  They collect your luggage last night of the cruise and you pick it up at baggage claim at he end of your flight.  They also check you in and deliver boarding passes to you.  So, we get to leave the ship unencumbered...and can make it to SeaTac Airport by any of a number of options (Of course, we are in no rush, we have a 4:25 pm flight!).  All we need to do is get to SeaTac and get through Security.

19 hours ago, abdullahblogger89 said:

Security at Seattle can be scheduled by appointment. As we found out, drawbridges can cause problems as well. Some passengers were sweating it out after the trip was extended by 20 minutes. Because our flight was after noon, we just let them off first so they could make their way home.

That was our experience last August. We could hear the people around us starting to panic as it took longer and longer for the barges to clear the bridge. We could have made it over the bridge before they stopped traffic as well. We just let them off as well, our flight was later and we had time to burn.

Might be my poor eyesight or reading skills, but I haven't seen mention of delays due to sporting events.  Our last 3 trips to Seattle, we experienced severe light rail and automobile delays due to a Mariners' home game and/or Sounders FC game.  When we were on our Alaska cruise last year, it took an hour and 25 minutes via lightrail because both T-Mobile Park and Lumens Field had games going on.

• 2 weeks later...

Must be alright. You may always go to Google Maps and enter your starting point and ending point, and it will tell you how long it will take. To get an average, I like to take a few weeks with the same day and time (for instance, Sunday at 8 a.m. if you anticipate making the travel around that time). 

• 3 weeks later...

The time it takes to travel from the Port of Seattle to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac Airport) can vary depending on traffic conditions and the specific location within the port you are starting from. However, in general, the distance between the Port of Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport is approximately 13-15 miles (21-24 kilometers), and the drive typically takes around 20-30 minutes under normal traffic conditions.

Travel time may vary depending on traffic conditions and the specific location of the port you are starting from. Generally, the distance between the Port of Seattle and Sea-Tac Airport is about 21-24 kilometers, and the drive usually takes about 20-30 minutes under normal traffic conditions.