Do they check the age of children when boarding?

xps15z

You can let it go and see if they catch it.  I would be afraid that you get pulled into customs at the end of the cruise because you are trying to bring in a minor with a birthdate on the ship manifest that does not match the passport.  Then you are trying to prove you do not have fake ID and the child is yours and ....

1 hour ago, twangster said:

They can be insanely occupied with details of children as a means to reduce international child kidnapping.  Get it fixed now.  

I had a little skit planned out with my kids to bring some humor to the customs and border patrol agents day.

We only got to the part where my youngest said, “he’s not my dad!” 

So much for all the  practice saying “just kidding”  in unison. 

50 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I had a little skit planned out with my kids to bring some humor to the customs and border patrol agents day.

We only got to the part where my youngest said, “he’s not my dad!” 

So much for all the  practice saying “just kidding”  in unison. 

As funny as that could be, I'm just too chicken to try anything beyond 100% honesty with customs. It's no fun when you're the child with customs trying to state your parents made a mistake in a language you're not fluent in while trying to get home (happened to me as a child). OP, correct it now! Save everyone a headache later.

Yeah I doubt very much they're in the joking mood with regards to any of that kind of stuff, heck i don't know that there's any scenario you'd want to prank/joke with them about as it seems a quite serious job. Exchanging pleasantries is about the furthest one should probably go with customs or border agents, just provide docs answer their questions and move on.