“Given Name” field on passport has middle name but my reservation doesn’t include middle name, will that be fine?

Ruchit

It may cost you a few extra seconds at port while the person checking you in manually overrides the system's automatic tantrum about names not matching. It happens to us pretty regularly because Portuguese (and Spanish) people usually have two separate surnames like Jones Smith, as opposed to double-barrelled ones like Jones-Smith, and the system is not culturally programmed to handle it.

It will not be an issue. My passport has my middle name but it has never been on my reservations.

As another example, my last name has an apostrophe and it is listed that way on my passport. Royal Caribbean's great computer system will not allow an apostrophe. 🙄  So my passport NEVER exactly matches my reservation.

There is one time it can be an issue.  If your Royal booking doesn't contain your middle name if one is used on your passport, then you book international air through Air2Sea they won't acquire your air tickets with your middle name.  That can be a problem for international air travel.  Domestic Air2Sea air tickets don't share the same concern.

• 8 months later...

This was never an issue for us on 6 or so previous cruises. Then a couple weeks ago we boarded Mariner and the agent said my wife had a stop when they scanned her stuff.  Another agent had to come help her, they put my wife's middle name on her seapass card. They called her by her middle name (I guess many cultures use that second name more than Americans) which we got a kick out of.

It was a more annoying issue during disembarkation. When scanned, we held up the line while the agent had to find someone to tell them what to do.

I reached out to their social media team after I got home. They couldnt explain why this issue was raised after multiple cruises with exact same info. They also couldnt guarantee it wouldnt be an issue for our cruise on Mariner later this month. They said they put a note in our booking regarding it. They weren't as authoritative as they typically are with issues, but their social media team has always been aces for me so we will see what happens.

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2023 at 6:16 PM, Ruchit said:

Indian and US passport has field “Given Name” on passport and no separate middle name field. My Given names field has middle name but my cruise reservation doesn’t include middle name, will that be fine? 

Hey ruchit did you faced any problem at cruise entry point where you did not write middle name in reservation booking?