Royal Caribbean Blog

Ethnic breakfast items in Windjammer?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Baked Beans is a must for a British breakfast. I believe it's mandatory under an Act of Parliament passed in 1622, but I could be making that bit up :)

Our second cruise to the Bahamas, a 4 night on Enchantment, had like 400+ Indians, so they had a section in the WJ with special foods, not sure about breakfast.  I thought it was pretty cool they did

fmanke, thank you.  WAAAYTOO, I did have to take a language test so I could understand the Marines, but is all good. 

3 minutes ago, fmanke said:

New England and Canada in Oct, I don't know. Doesn't seem like a adventurous crowd, except us of course.

I doubt it, but you never know. I have seen some British breakfast items and others have reported Indian, but there's no way to know in advance. 

4 hours ago, fmanke said:

Do they serve ethnic items in the Windjammer for breakfast? Something besides the usual bacon and eggs? I like a variety of things for breakfast, not just what others would always consider breakfast items.

If there is a Johnny Rockets on board your ship, head over there for breakfast (it's complimentary). Great menu, I love the menu item called "The Works". A major calorie bomb but delicious as all get out!

One of the things I enjoyed about sailing out of Britain was the variety offered in both the WJ and MDR.  I had expected the same when sailing from Sweden. However, the majority of the passengers were British when sailing from Britain; however, the majority of the passengers sailing out of Sweden were U.S. As a result, the offerings were pretty benign as a result.

2 minutes ago, fmanke said:

No luck on Serenade

True, but I had one of my best experiences at the Windjammer on the Serenade.  You'll be in for an extra special treat if Joseph is the Executive Sous Chef who is overseeing the Windjammer.  That's the ship that had made to order crepes, pancakes, waffles, etc.  The crepes and waffles were also made at dinner and served with ice cream and a variety of toppings.

1 minute ago, DocLC said:

True, but I had one of my best experiences at the Windjammer on the Serenade.  You'll be in for an extra special treat if Joseph is the Executive Sous Chef who is overseeing the Windjammer.  That's the ship that had made to order crepes, pancakes, waffles, etc.  The crepes and waffles were also made at dinner and served with ice cream and a variety of toppings.

Sounds good.

"Wait, are they really thin pancakes?"

" Oh my God, I love those!"

" They come with cheese, sometimes?"

"Oh, I love the crepe suzette!"

Love me some Ricky Bobby!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Generally the answer is no, but on Navigator of the Seas in Feb 2017, they had a wonderful breakfast curry that I ate entirely too much of every morning.

Allure GC had curry as well.  That was my first RCCL sailing, when I had no idea how cramped that WJ was...

11 hours ago, klaconqueso said:

Suddenly excited for breakfast curry in October. What kind was it? Dal? Chickpea?

I've only seen breakfast curry on Navigator. It was a potato based curry. Not sure exactly which kind (the sign just said breakfast curry).

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've only seen breakfast curry on Navigator. It was a potato based curry. Not sure exactly which kind (the sign just said breakfast curry).

Well just hoping for something beyond scrambled eggs and bacon. Although, I do like those items. Just looking for something different. I've been known to throw just about any leftover meat and such in an omelet!

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I remember on Allure specifically b/c on the other RCI cruises we sailed until Navi I always complained, "why don't they have curry in the morning like they did on Allure!?"  Larissa wasn't sick of that whining or anything.