Coco Cay Beach Club discounts?

jp1

Sailing in March and interested in the Coco Cay Beach Club.  Unfortunately we missed out on the Black Friday deals and the current price is 10% off ($269 pp).

Do they tend to sell out, and are there likely to be better discounts in the next couple months?

jp

Hi @jp1!

I have not personally seen them sell out. They were available up until the Cruise Planner closed out for our last cruise (OCT 2021) to CocoCay and they are still available for our upcoming 1/7/23 sailing. You will likely see at least one more Cruise Planner sale, but there is no guarantee of the price point of course.

The pricing is all over the place. We paid $79 back in OCT 2021, $124 for our upcoming JAN 2023 sailing, and $89 for our OCT 2023 sailing. Of course they were all over $230 at some point. We loved Coco Beach Club, but at the $200+ pp price point we'd have to pass on it.

Current prices for our upcoming sailings...

- Wonder (1/7/23)... purchased at $123.99:

image.png.0918fa2c958920fff04677980b407c7d.png

- Wonder (10/29/23)... purchased at $88.99:

image.png.1014620d525dfb1c06470012280bbc66.png

- Icon (5/11/24)... likely will skip if Hideaway Beach is open then!

image.png.0c29780918846529cca1eb354949c248.png

3 hours ago, jp1 said:

Sailing in March and interested in the Coco Cay Beach Club.  Unfortunately we missed out on the Black Friday deals and the current price is 10% off ($269 pp).

Do they tend to sell out, and are there likely to be better discounts in the next couple months?

jp

The chance of the price getting much better closer to sail date is very slim. 

17 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

We loved Coco Beach Club, but at the $200+ pp price point we'd have to pass on it.

I couldn't agree more.  We love love LOVED the Beach Club, but at $200+ pp.?  No way.  Of course, there are also people who were paying $3,600 for the over water cabanas, so maybe it's my price-to-value ratio that's off. 🤷🏻‍♂️

we have cruised spring break quite a bit as my sisters and i all grew up, just cruised as a big family in March of 2022 on Symphony and are cruising again in a couple weeks as just a couple in late January on Freedom.  Pricing is wildly different on just about everything, our cocoa beach club day pass was $89 per person and it will be our first time trying, on previous cruises it was in the ball park you're seeing which was just too expensive for us to justify. 

just the nature of cruising over spring break versus going off peak times.  it is what it is, simple case of supply and demand.  so many families locked into those school schedules and Royal obviously has decades of data on all those trends by now.

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 12:07 PM, dr martini said:

we have cruised spring break quite a bit as my sisters and i all grew up, just cruised as a big family in March of 2022 on Symphony and are cruising again in a couple weeks as just a couple in late January on Freedom.  Pricing is wildly different on just about everything, our cocoa beach club day pass was $89 per person and it will be our first time trying, on previous cruises it was in the ball park you're seeing which was just too expensive for us to justify. 

just the nature of cruising over spring break versus going off peak times.  it is what it is, simple case of supply and demand.  so many families locked into those school schedules and Royal obviously has decades of data on all those trends by now.

When did the bookings for Coco Cay Beach club open for your sailing ?  I just called RC and they said that bookings won't open up until just before the sailing.  We are going to be there April 2024 and she said to check back around February 2024. The RC rep also told me that the ballpark price is about $200 per person with children under 3 years old free. 

Since the bookings don't open until about 6-8 weeks before the sailing we won't be able to take advantage of a Black Friday sale ?

Can you confirm or correct me on these facts as we have never been before and we are planning a family trip so I thought Coco Cay Beach Club would be a quiet, central spot for all of us to stay for the day.

7 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

When did the bookings for Coco Cay Beach club open for your sailing ?  I just called RC and they said that bookings won't open up until just before the sailing.  We are going to be there April 2024 and she said to check back around February 2024.

As a general rule I would ignore any sort of time frame like this a RC phone rep gives you. Just keep checking often.

FWIW, they are not yet available for my March 2024 cruise.

7 minutes ago, Montemy2419 said:

When did the bookings for Coco Cay Beach club open for your sailing ?  I just called RC and they said that bookings won't open up until just before the sailing.  We are going to be there April 2024 and she said to check back around February 2024. The RC rep also told me that the ballpark price is about $200 per person with children under 3 years old free. 

Since the bookings don't open until about 6-8 weeks before the sailing we won't be able to take advantage of a Black Friday sale ?

Can you confirm or correct me on these facts as we have never been before and we are planning a family trip so I thought Coco Cay Beach Club would be a quiet, central spot for all of us to stay for the day.

Mine opened last September for this May. 6 to 8 weeks is waaaay off. Check everyday.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

As a general rule I would ignore any sort of time frame like this a RC phone rep gives you. Just keep checking often.

FWIW, they are not yet available for my March 2024 cruise.

Thank you !  I thought it seemed off so I thought I would ask those that actually cruise, not just read from a script.

I think if the price is $125 or less we will go for it. I would like to try it once and since we cancelled a family cruise we had planned for April 2020 this will make up for it.  The area seems very quiet unlike the area around the pool with the D.J. That area is  great for some but my idea of a beach day is sitting in a lounger and barely able to hear the music from far away.

15 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

Thank you !  I thought it seemed off so I thought I would ask those that actually cruise, not just read from a script.

I think if the price is $125 or less we will go for it. I would like to try it once and since we cancelled a family cruise we had planned for April 2020 this will make up for it.  The area seems very quiet unlike the area around the pool with the D.J. That area is  great for some but my idea of a beach day is sitting in a lounger and barely able to hear the music from far away.

This was exactly what my wife and I were looking for as well. The beds by the infinity pool fill up pretty quick so you will want to be early off the boat to get a day bed. It was glorious. I, personally, would go up to $200 pp for it, but we have 6 kids so time away is at way more of a premium than money. Every person is going to be different on that, but the serene environment you are describing is precisely what we felt like we were provided. The restaurant was great. Overall it was one of my favorite places on earth. I wouldn't do the beach club with my kiddos, but can't wait to go back. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Montemy2419 sadly there is no rhyme or reason to the cruise planner, as you've seen and been told by now.  it was fine to try once but I don't need to go back at any price point, honestly the snack shack food is awesome as is the pool etc.  the island is huge, if you haven't been before I wouldn't worry about the pool noise at all or use that as a reason to do the beach club - you can't hear the pool party from the vast majority of the island and can find hundreds of beach chairs in quiet spots with great views.  in fact, that's the main reason we won't be back to the cocoa beach club, I really enjoy the ability to walk around and try other spots, there are a lot of other places to eat and drink, take a walk and check things out etc. 

the already included snack shack food was as good as anything in the beach club and the small spiny warm water lobster they serve there gets wayyyyy to much play.  it's not a big deal.  it's nice, it's fine, don't get me wrong, try it out if you want.  but as with the cabanas and many other spots......no way is it worth what they charge most of the year for it.  

We've had the pleasure of enjoying the beach club on 3 occasions on various sailings within year 1 post-pandemic at some amazing prices (59, 79 & 89) and I highly recommend everyone try it at least once.

We've also enjoyed the free Perfect Day experience on other sailings and will be more than satisfied to choose the free option with the Beach Club pricing in the current stratosphere. $200 bucks and up is ridiculous.