What can kids wear on Formal night

FrankC

12 hours ago, FrankC said:

So this is my families first cruise and just trying to figure out what I need to pack for the kids for formal night I have a 4 yr old and a 10 yr old if that helps and both are boys?

Whatever you are comfortable with will be fine.  Dress on formal night, even for adults, runs a full range.  Some fully participate, some just dress nicely, some don't even do that!

I will suggest that a cruise can be a great time to get a good professional group picture as there will be photographers set up in several places.  It can be easier than making an appointment at a studio and making a special trip.

Thank you everyone my boys aren't ones to dress up! I want them to be comfortable because if they aren't I'm sure it's going to be a very bad dinner sitting. But if a collared shirt and nice shorts or slacks is good enough then I think I can manage to get them into that! Again Thank you Everyone!

7 hours ago, mac66 said:

Sometimes its fun and classy to dress up and eat in a formal setting using good manners. 

My 30 something year old kids still dress up on cruises, something instilled on them back when you had to dress for dinner every night. It made an impression they still talk about.

My youngest was 7 on his first cruise. 4 years later, and he still calls it getting dressed his fancy pants clothes. The only time he wears those clothes are formal nights and his piano recitals.😆