2 Quick Question - Formal nights

sandandsurf

1.) Which days are Formal nights on Allure 7 day Eastern Carib in April 2017?

2.) What is your favorite dinning strategies, eat in the MDR on formal nights or do specialty dinning and make it formal nights extra special?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Edited by sandandsurf
clarify

1. Formal nights will be night 2 and either night 5 or night 6 (depends if night 5 is a sea day or not). According to this recent Allure of the Seas cruise compass, it was day 6.

2. Here is my dining strategy that I mostly follow

• My wife and I eat at specialty restaurants on second formal night because we do not eat lobster.  And since we were going to get dressed up anyway, may as well go to a specialty restaurant.
  • Always eat in MDR on night 1.  
  • Almost always eat in MDR on last night (so we can say goodbye)

On Oasis class ships, I've decided I'd do mostly specialty dining because there are so many great choices.  

Thank you Matt. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts! We booked Izumi, Sabor and *Giovanni's Table (*for the night of our 33rd Wedding Anniversary) thru the RCCL Cruise Planner for 3 dinners out of the MDR. I booked Giovanni's Table for our anniversary because my wives loves Italian food. I hope to surprise her with that dinner!

One more question, SORRY!  :-)

Giovanni's Table: We are not really big eaters, will we be able to take our dessert back to our cabin to eat later?

34 minutes ago, sandandsurf said:

One more question, SORRY!  :-)

Giovanni's Table: We are not really big eaters, will we be able to take our dessert back to our cabin to eat later?

Do not ever apologize for asking questions. That's what this site is here for!

Yes, you can box up whatever you like.  The staff is usually very accommodating with requests like that.

5 hours ago, sandandsurf said:

If it is something that can't be easily boxed up or includes ice cream, simply ask if you can stop by before closing to pick it up and take it to go.  I've found that they are more than accommodating.

On 4/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, sandandsurf said:

We did Giovanni's for the first time on Rhapsody a week ago Thursday.  I'm still full from the meal.  Dessert wasn't an option unless I risked damage to some of my internal organs.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yay !  About time they did this !  Such an easy solution to meal planning !

True, but if you are dining at specialty restaurants, you still have to make those reservations in advance, no? But it does give you some heads up about the week to make more informed choices. Couldn't they just put that info on a tv channel?

OK, here is my two cents in regards to Giovanni's.  It is a wonderful restaurant that we have been to three times.  PACE PACE PACE yourself with what you eat.  If it's your first time, the waiters try to be helpful and bring you multiple dishes from each section.  The only problem with that is you can't enjoy the entree when it comes because you are stuffed!!!!   I would recommend maybe picking apps and entree, pasta and entree or apps and pasta.  This is hard to do because everything is great!

1 hour ago, RBRSKI said:

OK, here is my two cents in regards to Giovanni's.  It is a wonderful restaurant that we have been to three times.  PACE PACE PACE yourself with what you eat.  If it's your first time, the waiters try to be helpful and bring you multiple dishes from each section.  The only problem with that is you can't enjoy the entree when it comes because you are stuffed!!!!   I would recommend maybe picking apps and entree, pasta and entree or apps and pasta.  This is hard to do because everything is great!

You can always order multiple items and just have a taste or two. I know it takes some self control, but it can be done.  I speak from experience, albeit sometimes not always successful myself.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/20/2017 at 11:44 AM, RBRSKI said:

Sage advice, that.  Wish I would have thought of that before I started stuffing my face.

Regarding Giovanni's, I will be the first to say that I don't care for Italian food.  With that out of the way, Giovanni's was one of the best meals I've had onboard any ship.  That's saying something!

On 4/12/2017 at 10:08 AM, Matt said:

1. Formal nights will be night 2 and either night 5 or night 6 (depends if night 5 is a sea day or not). According to this recent Allure of the Seas cruise compass, it was day 6.

2. Here is my dining strategy that I mostly follow

• My wife and I eat at specialty restaurants on second formal night because we do not eat lobster.  And since we were going to get dressed up anyway, may as well go to a specialty restaurant.
  • Always eat in MDR on night 1.  
  • Almost always eat in MDR on last night (so we can say goodbye)

On Oasis class ships, I've decided I'd do mostly specialty dining because there are so many great choices.  

"so we can say goodbye"......What? Do you and your wife get off the ship separately?