Royal Up pending

AnneP

My Royal Up is pending “up to departure time” tomorrow I’ve been informed.  Do I use my current room number on luggage tags? Do I carry my luggage on and go to Guest Services to find out if my bid was accepted? If it was accepted, how will I get my luggage? Anyone know?

That's a pretty generic email sent to everyone with outstanding bids. It just reminds you that they could accept your offer still during embarkation day. It is rare that they will, but it happens. This email reminder notifies you so if you are uncomfortable with potentially having to switch rooms once onboard you can go cancel your bid.

Just assume your luggage will be delivered to your current assigned room. If you get notified before boarding you won and have the new room number you can have the porters fill out luggage tags for you. If you get accepted after boarding, your bags are still going to go to whatever is on your tags.

First of all, the overwhelming odds are that your bid will not be accepted at the last minute.  Use the tags you have and expect that to be your cabin.  Check the app and/or website just before turning in your luggage...and, if the cabin has been changed/bid accepted, just tell the porters and they can replace the tags with handwritten tags with the new cabin number.

Though it rarely happens, we have twice had our stateroom changed at the last moment.  Neither was due to a Royal Up bid.  The first time, many years ago, it was a fairly insignificant change that the cruise line never really explained to us...We were moved from our booked starboard cabin to the identical port cabin (and it wasn't a cruise where port/starboard really made a difference).  Our luggage was all delivered to the wrong cabin, of course.  We told our cabin steward that it might be the case...and he merely went over to the other cabin, grabbed the bags and brought them to us.

Second time, we showed up at the port to check in...and found out at check-in that we had been upgraded from an OV cabin to an oversized balcony midship.  We told the agent we had checked our bags with the tags for the original cabin.  He said not to worry.  Someone behind the scenes apparently found our bags in the sorting process...and they were delivered to the new cabin with handwritten tags taped over the original tags.  Not even a delay.

I hope you get your upgrade...but just assume it won't happen and be happy with what you booked....and...if the upgrade happens, consider it a pleasant surprise.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your replies.  I waited on line at Guest Services and they didn’t know either. Said I would get an email or a message in the cabin. So I waited to unpack. Got an email around 5 p.m. that my bid was not accepted.  Oh well, maybe next time.  Still had a fabulous cruise.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I placed 6 bids ( 1 day ago )  on rooms for my upcoming trip on harmony of the seas Aug 12-19 as bidding just opened yesterday. From an interior room this is what I offered 

virtual balcony min 25$ pp I offered 70$ pp and is willing to pay more. 

Spacious interior min 35$ pp I offered 80$ pp are is willing to pay more.

Neighborhood window min 35$ pp and I offered 100$ pp and is willing to pay more.

ocean view 65$ pp and I offered 125$ pp and is willing to pay a little more but not much.

spacious ocean view was 80$ pp and I offered 130$ pp and is willing to pay a little more. 
Neighborhood balcony 125$ min pp and I offered 130$ pp and is willing to pay a little more. 

They currently all say submitted , I want to know when it is rejected so I can offer more or pending so I can offer for to help win the bid. How long will it take for the offer to say rejected or pending. I also want to know if I placed a good bid or what I should bid on these if I can.  If you can reply helping me it is highly appreciated ! 

2 hours ago, Nikolas said:

Hello, I placed 6 bids ( 1 day ago )  on rooms for my upcoming trip on harmony of the seas Aug 12-19 as bidding just opened yesterday. From an interior room this is what I offered 

virtual balcony min 25$ pp I offered 70$ pp and is willing to pay more. 

Spacious interior min 35$ pp I offered 80$ pp are is willing to pay more.

Neighborhood window min 35$ pp and I offered 100$ pp and is willing to pay more.

ocean view 65$ pp and I offered 125$ pp and is willing to pay a little more but not much.

spacious ocean view was 80$ pp and I offered 130$ pp and is willing to pay a little more. 
Neighborhood balcony 125$ min pp and I offered 130$ pp and is willing to pay a little more. 

They currently all say submitted , I want to know when it is rejected so I can offer more or pending so I can offer for to help win the bid. How long will it take for the offer to say rejected or pending. I also want to know if I placed a good bid or what I should bid on these if I can.  If you can reply helping me it is highly appreciated ! 

Nobody here will know for sure.  They can are often not rejected until you set sail.  It's also possible that there aren't actually any rooms available.  Basically, just bid what you are willing to pay and then just hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Offering more or less really has no barings imho. I have won every RUB I have placed on minimum bids. I also have talked to people who place the max and never won. So just bid what you are comfortable with and hope for the best.

Agree. I have won low ball min bid offers and it felt more like just having a lucky lottery ticket that I played for fun. If I’m serious about getting an upgrade though, I usually just pay for the upgrade if it’s available because you can easily overpay for it through Royal Up if you are not careful and bid too high. 

9 hours ago, Nikolas said:

You will only get one chance to bid (although you can still change the amount offered). Usually within a few days of the cruise they will tell you whether you have won or not. Even though you can bid on the cabins it does not mean they are available. But if somebody cancels or is also upgraded you may win. The most likely upgrade would be from an interior to an ocean view or balcony as these are the most plentiful. 

good luck.