Dining Package pricing thresholds

I have found my threshold. I will not purchase any dining packages at the prices stated below for our upcoming 7-night Harmony Sailing in March. We will enjoy Coastal Kitchen all the more (GS) and the Windjammer. I look at the Cruise Planner almost daily.  Hopefully, this is an intern mistake in the wrong direction. 😉

image.thumb.png.cbc532a62ba0c1f48698cad3973cd6ac.png

• Baked Alaska changed the title to Dining Package pricing thresholds
11 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

I have found my threshold. I will not purchase any dining packages at the prices stated below for our upcoming 7-night Harmony Sailing in March. We will enjoy Coastal Kitchen all the more (GS) and the Windjammer. I look at the Cruise Planner almost daily.  Hopefully, this is an intern mistake in the wrong direction. 😉

image.thumb.png.cbc532a62ba0c1f48698cad3973cd6ac.png

So, is this the ONE upcoming cruise that you're not listing because you don't want to jinx it? 😆

Seriously, though, that's crazy money. I noticed the prices had gone up on my next cruises as well. There are several MDR menus we really don't care for and we'd be up for booking packages if they were more reasonably priced. 

13 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

So, is this the ONE upcoming cruise that you're not listing because you don't want to jinx it? 😆

Seriously, though, that's crazy money. I noticed the prices had gone up on my next cruises as well. There are several MDR menus we really don't care for and we'd be up for booking packages if they were more reasonably priced. 

Ha! I have three booked, actually. I'll change that, but I am not listing them. Crud. I probably just jinxed myself, didn't I? 🙃

We were thinking about buying the Unlimited, but not even at $219 which was the previous high mark. Oh well. Poo on RCL. 

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

I have been successful finding the 3 night package for $100 or less.....so far.   

Not a lot of interest in purchasing above that price point.

Even that's too much for us. The last packages we bought were pre pandemic and worked out at under $20 per person per meal. No chance of ever seeing those prices again.

I actually wish they would offer a la carte options at the specialty restaurants because our main gripe is that we eat too little to get our money's worth on the cost of a full meal. I'd happily pay a cheaper price just for a main course.

With prices we can afford the cruise, but airfare is anything but fair!!  With our upcoming November/December cruise, the Drink package no longer has the internet option and is around $ 80+ a day.  Also the Dinning Package is crazy expensive - we still may do a one nighter but not the every day plan.  We check daily to see if the price drops, so far nope/nada only time will tell.

My threshold is price but value. They are high, but I will still do a 3day or UDP for a large ship as long as it is $35/day or less. I am over Chops, so the Chops+1 no longer holds value. The UDP was $195, on sale, for my 5N Jan 2023 Grandeur and I decided to forego as there aren't a lot of specialty restaurants. 

I see that the price is 112 pp on the 3NDP on our January cruise as well.

Post Covid we have done the 3NDP on 4 cruises. The lowest price was either 69 or 79 pp and the highest was 99. Always do Chops as we really enjoy it. Will not do the next on Odyssey as we have CK and will just do Izumi hibachi with friends. If the price is right might do one on Wonder in April.