Jump to content

Internet - share a plan with husband ok?


Recommended Posts

How does it work to share?  In fact how does it work in general?  I'm not fussed by having the internet but being able to check in etc for flights would be useful.

Was just going to find a bar in the Bahamas to use their wifi but if it's not too expensive, i'll get one package.  Can't be bothered spending £250 on internet; I'm loving the idea of being fully disconnected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, djandyb said:

How does it work to share?  In fact how does it work in general?  I'm not fussed by having the internet but being able to check in etc for flights would be useful.

Was just going to find a bar in the Bahamas to use their wifi but if it's not too expensive, i'll get one package.  Can't be bothered spending £250 on internet; I'm loving the idea of being fully disconnected.

You can buy just 24 hours on the ship, or 2 in same room can share one device - not at same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We use to just buy one package for one device and share it...Only one device can be connect online at a time.  The only down side is we would knock the other one offline when the other one logs in.  But we are almost always together so we could coordinate it.  Now that we are Diamond Plus, we don't get the package anymore and just use our free time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Eyeonhevn said:

As I am looking at the internet options- may I sign up for one package with two devices - my iPhone and my husband’s? 
 

or do I need to sign up for two separate plans? 

We did the 1 device surf and stream and shared it.  Only one of us could be on the internet at a time but we both could be on the RC local wifi network.  It worked for us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, djandyb said:

How does it work to share?  In fact how does it work in general?

When you connect to the ship's wifi network for the first time it will ask you if you want to use the app for free or use VOOM.  You select VOOM and it will ask you to create an account. You'll enter in the requested information for the person who purchased the package. You end up creating a login and PIN number. You can share that login/PIN with whoever you want to use to access the internet, but if you only purchased a 2-device package, only 2 devices can be logged in at the same time.  When the third device logs in it will warn you it's going to bump another off.  Effectively you can use it for unlimited different phones, tablets, laptops, etc., as long as you only have up to the number of devices for the package you purchased connecting at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

When you connect to the ship's wifi network for the first time it will ask you if you want to use the app for free or use VOOM.  You select VOOM and it will ask you to create an account. You'll enter in the requested information for the person who purchased the package. You end up creating a login and PIN number. You can share that login/PIN with whoever you want to use to access the internet, but if you only purchased a 2-device package, only 2 devices can be logged in at the same time.  When the third device logs in it will warn you it's going to bump another off.  Effectively you can use it for unlimited different phones, tablets, laptops, etc., as long as you only have up to the number of devices for the package you purchased connecting at the same time.

Really helpful information, thanks!

How much is it for one day on the ship? TBH I want to be disconnected but best check in for practicality of travel! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 10:38 AM, smokeybandit said:

Just think of it as the old school land line. If someone's on the phone in the house, you can't make a call.  You'd have to wait for them to disconnect, then you can log in. (or in this case, log in and kick your husband off)

or very very old school, sounds like a party line, back in the day we even shared the land line with the neighbors.  Anyone else remember dialing less than seven numbers?  I think it was 4 or 5 when we started.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Qeyton Dude said:

or very very old school, sounds like a party line, back in the day we even shared the land line with the neighbors.  Anyone else remember dialing less than seven numbers?  I think it was 4 or 5 when we started.

 

I remember using letters followed by numbers.  And yes, my grandmother still had a party line.  I remember picking up the phone and hearing voices. My grandmother told me to hang up. Then she explained that she had a party line. 

@Eyeonhevn- I was on a cruise back in June.  I had purchased 1 package for 1 device, which I shared with my husband.  My husband likes to play his games and troll Facebook and other sites.  I just wanted to get on once or twice a day to check my emails and news.  We were both able to use the single package without a problem. I think only once I had logged on and bumped my husband off.  My advice, don't send the extra money if you only want to use the internet occasionally.  But make sure you get the Surf + Stream.  Much faster baud rates (Speed).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...