Jump to content

Fort Lauderdale—favorite hotels


Recommended Posts

Hello!   Since I’m panicked about air travel, we will be flying in for our December 31 cruise on the morning of the 29th.  Usually when we stay in lauderdale, we do the Hilton marina overlooking the cruise dock.  However, with having 2 days, I’m worried we would be a bit trapped there with no restaurants, etc., close by.  Does anyone have a favorite hotel or Airbnb that they like?  While not absolutely necessary, a fridge and maybe a microwave would be nice!   I’d love to stay in some of the beach resorts, but over 1000 for 2 nights isn’t in my budget when air fare is going to run me close to 600, Jane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try the Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-fort-lauderdale/best-western-plus-oceanside-inn/propertyCode.10212.html

It's not fancy but it's right by the beach, walking distance to a water taxi stop, restaurants, shops, etc. and comes with a very decent included breakfast, as well having both a fridge and a microwave in the room.

Sign up for their loyalty programme beforehand for a members' discount.

It's a short ride to the port so not costly to get there.

We have stayed there twice before and would definitely stay again if we were cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've always been curious about Hyatt Centric Los Olas. I know @Matttried it out. I am pretty sure I remember reading over the years that there is a lot of restaurants in that area.

Truthfully, the next time I sail out of Fort Lauderdale I might stay there. It's newer and more modern. I am getting tired of the 17th street area. The hotels are pretty dated and the only thing that holds me to that area is my beloved La Bamba, but I might just Uber/Lyft it there from the Hyatt next time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Hello!   Since I’m panicked about air travel, we will be flying in for our December 31 cruise on the morning of the 29th.  Usually when we stay in lauderdale, we do the Hilton marina overlooking the cruise dock.  However, with having 2 days, I’m worried we would be a bit trapped there with no restaurants, etc., close by.  Does anyone have a favorite hotel or Airbnb that they like?  While not absolutely necessary, a fridge and maybe a microwave would be nice!   I’d love to stay in some of the beach resorts, but over 1000 for 2 nights isn’t in my budget when air fare is going to run me close to 600, Jane

Hilton Marina has a water taxi stop on property. You could take the North route and stop on Las Olas where you have plenty of dining choices. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I've always been curious about Hyatt Centric Los Olas. I know @Matttried it out. I am pretty sure I remember reading over the years that there is a lot of restaurants in that area.

Truthfully, the next time I sail out of Fort Lauderdale I might stay there. It's newer and more modern. I am getting tired of the 17th street area. The hotels are pretty dated and the only thing that holds me to that area is my beloved La Bamba, but I might just Uber/Lyft it there from the Hyatt next time.

This Centric is in a great location on Las Olas where you are in walking distance to lots of dining options. Bombay Darbar, Rocco’s Tacos, Louie Bossi’s and Lobster bar are some that I frequent and are all excellent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I cruised out of Fort Lauderdale in February and stayed at an Air BnB that I really liked.  The host Rosemary are retired and have worked for the cruise lines in the past, so they know the system.  For a little extra Rosemary will pick you up at the airport and bring you to her home.  The morning of the cruise she took me to the ship.  Other than that, it was a nice quiet place on the river.  You can see her listings at   Rosemary's Profile - Airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This Centric is in a great location on Las Olas where you are in walking distance to lots of dining options. Bombay Darbar, Rocco’s Tacos, Louie Bossi’s and Lobster bar are some that I frequent and are all excellent. 

But do they have fried ice cream? That is the critical question. 😉lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are sailing from FLL in September with friends and they booked Fairfield Inn & Suites FLL Airport/Cruise Port.  So that’s where we will stay as well.  Since you’re  planning to cruise in late December, I will be back here in late September to let everyone  know my thoughts.  Stay tuned!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I've always been curious about Hyatt Centric Los Olas. I know @Matttried it out. I am pretty sure I remember reading over the years that there is a lot of restaurants in that area.

It's a great location with lots to walk to, and the hotel is new.

I'd say the only drawback for cruisers is you aren't that close to the cruise terminal and I doubt they run a shuttle. None of those things bother me personally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We are sailing from FLL in September with friends and they booked Fairfield Inn & Suites FLL Airport/Cruise Port.  So that’s where we will stay as well.  Since you’re  planning to cruise in late December, I will be back here in late September to let everyone  know my thoughts.  Stay tuned!

Thank you!!!!  Jane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/8/2022 at 8:06 AM, Matt said:

It's a great location with lots to walk to, and the hotel is new.

I'd say the only drawback for cruisers is you aren't that close to the cruise terminal and I doubt they run a shuttle. None of those things bother me personally.

We almost always just do Uber in Miami and fort Lauderdale because we hate waiting for the shuttle.  Though now I'm thinking maybe we did the shuttle from the Hilton....hmmm.   not a deal breaker or maker though.  Jane

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...