Dropping off bags at the cruise terminal

10 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Thank you @CruiseGus, very helpful.

If earliest check in time is 11:30 am, in theory we might be able to drop off bags close to 11 am?

In theory. I have heard of some cruisers not being allowed to drop off bags extremely early. We have never had a problem.

9 hours ago, Va4fam said:

If earliest check in time is 11:30 am, in theory we might be able to drop off bags close to 11 am?

Absolutely.

In January, our hotel shuttle dropped us off at the terminal at about 10:15 am for an 11:00 check-in time (Port Everglades) and the porters were immediately available and gathered everyone's luggage.

You can goggle your departure cruise port and should be able to find out the times they start accepting luggage.  For our Alaska cruise next month from Vancouver...We can drop our bags off between 10:00 and 10:30 according to the website.   

Passenger information, directions and transportation | Port of Vancouver (portvancouver.com)

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, VictoriaL said:

Can I drop my luggage before parking? We are leaving from Port Cañaveral and we have more bags than hands. Thank you!

Varies slightly by terminal. 

The primary terminal for the larger ships is terminal 1.  The last time I boarded they directed all traffic to pass by the drop area under the parking garage before I was able to go up the ramp to park.

The secondary terminal for smaller Royal ships is terminal 5.  At T5 follow the signs for drop off and then circle back around and follow the signs for parking in the left lane.