Parking-Cape liberty cruise port New Jersey

Tret

Honestly, we have always found that the most convenient thing is to take the Royal [bus] shuttle.  I know a lot of people pooh-pooh the shuttle b/c you have to wait around for it to "fill up" but it is by far the least stressful way to get from the airport to the port and vice versa. ...and you're able to book it as part of your rez so it's just more convenient, IMO.  It seems like the few times we have tried Uber from EWR/Port Liberty we have had complications (the driver couldn't find us, etc.).  I'm all about "easy" even if it might cost a little more.

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Honestly, we have always found that the most convenient thing is to take the Royal [bus] shuttle.  I know a lot of people pooh-pooh the shuttle b/c you have to wait around for it to "fill up" but it is by far the least stressful way to get from the airport to the port and vice versa. ...and you're able to book it as part of your rez so it's just more convenient, IMO.  It seems like the few times we have tried Uber from EWR/Port Liberty we have had complications (the driver couldn't find us, etc.).  I'm all about "easy" even if it might cost a little more.

i am sailing on the Adventure next week out of Cape Liberty. there is no direct shuttle to the airport. the only transfer they offer is a Manhattan highlights tour that then takes you to the airport

44 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i am sailing on the Adventure next week out of Cape Liberty. there is no direct shuttle to the airport.

Wow….that’s a surprise. I know for sure that we had a Royal shuttle that picked us up at the airport and took us to the port.  Can’t remember what we did going back the other way but I feel sure we did a R/T.  They must have stopped offering it. That was in Feb 2019.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ColleenV said:

We are sailing next week on Adventure out of Port Liberty. We have a 10:30 boarding time. How early are we able to get into the port to park?

I did the Adventure sailing on May 31. We had a 10:30 check in and arrived about 10:40 (no thanks to my son) dropped off our luggage and continued on to park,  The outdoor parking lot was for Adventure unless you are handicapped parking or doing a B2B in which case you get the indoor garage.

as far as when the gated outdoor parking opened , I couldn’t say, since we were late, but,  the parking attendants were slow….and given the amount of cars in the lot I would think it opened about 10:00am or so…maybe a bit earlier.  The reason entry was slow was we paid for parking, the guy needed a credit/debit from all (no cash) and he had to swipe the card and printed receipts….his printer crapped out. Ugh 😂 

after parking you had an option to wait for their shuttle to take you back to the terminal or walk about the length of 5 NYC blocks to get to the terminal. We walked, using their tented area to walk gif mist of that walk. 

when we disembarked Adventure they had exit times up to 9:00/9:15. I imagine if you show that early there may be issue with cars leaving the gated lot…I did not notice anyone taking payment or any cars arriving at 8:45 when I left the ship. 

• 4 months later...

Handicap parking is in the garage, they look for handicap pass

when being directed where to drop off luggage tell them you need handicap parking. Reason being , luggage drop off can be a lane that does not have access to the garage.

The terminal disembarks the previous sailing before allowing the next one in.  The earliest I’ve seen a check in time is 10:30. It depends on the ship and if the previous ship docks on time too

• 7 months later...

Yes, last year for a cruise to Bermuda and back. The parking garages had been closed there was a parking lot past the area in the picture someone posted here. There is a shuttle from the lot and its quick. Or if your a walker its not terrible. Ours was a short Cruise it cost $150. We are going on a 10 day and its going to be $250 to park. UGH!! But need the vacation. 

On 5/30/2023 at 4:29 PM, LisaLisa said:

Yes, last year for a cruise to Bermuda and back. The parking garages had been closed there was a parking lot past the area in the picture someone posted here. There is a shuttle from the lot and its quick. Or if your a walker its not terrible. Ours was a short Cruise it cost $150. We are going on a 10 day and its going to be $250 to park. UGH!! But need the vacation. 

Parking is now $30, no longer $25.

8 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Parking is now $30, no longer $25.

for our B2B in August, it actually worked out cheaper for us to take a room at one of the park & cruise hotels - we'll save close to $100 - even though we live only about 40 minutes from the port.  Our big decision now is do we completely unpack the car & bring all the bags in, or unload the car in the morning. My vote is probably to bring it all in, since I'm not sure where the car will be parked in relation to the hotel lobby.  I may take a drive to the hotel one day (I actually don't work too far from it) and look to see where everything is.

5 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

for our B2B in August, it actually worked out cheaper for us to take a room at one of the park & cruise hotels - we'll save close to $100 - even though we live only about 40 minutes from the port.  Our big decision now is do we completely unpack the car & bring all the bags in, or unload the car in the morning. My vote is probably to bring it all in, since I'm not sure where the car will be parked in relation to the hotel lobby.  I may take a drive to the hotel one day (I actually don't work too far from it) and look to see where everything is.

We’re going to be doing a B2B next May and not looking forward to the $450 bill for parking. Your idea has legs….which Park & Cruise hotel did you use and how was it?

15 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

As a city girl I’d never leave my luggage in the car overnight, even if it were out of sight in the trunk. 

17 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

We’re going to be doing a B2B next May and not looking forward to the $450 bill for parking. Your idea has legs….which Park & Cruise hotel did you use and how was it?

Haven't done it yet - it's in 2 months.  We went through TrinityReservation.com & went with Springhill Suites Newark Airport. We're going to be 3 - me, DH, adult daughter - so this was the best option I saw - it's 1 BR with 2 beds & pullout sofa in the living room area.   It includes free breakfast & private round trip SUV cruise port service.  You can pick your pick up times from the hotel at the beginning & at the port at the end. We picked 930 pick up from the hotel - plan on getting that early embarkation time! & 9am pickup from the port - I like to stay on the ship as late as possible. According to my instructions, we have to be in the lobby 10 minutes prior to pick up time, and they ask you text/call the car service 20-30 minutes prior to port pick up. 

4 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

Haven't done it yet - it's in 2 months.  We went through TrinityReservation.com & went with Springhill Suites Newark Airport. We're going to be 3 - me, DH, adult daughter - so this was the best option I saw - it's 1 BR with 2 beds & pullout sofa in the living room area.   It includes free breakfast & private round trip SUV cruise port service.  You can pick your pick up times from the hotel at the beginning & at the port at the end. We picked 930 pick up from the hotel - plan on getting that early embarkation time! & 9am pickup from the port - I like to stay on the ship as late as possible. According to my instructions, we have to be in the lobby 10 minutes prior to pick up time, and they ask you text/call the car service 20-30 minutes prior to port pick up. 

Thanks....will check it out!!

18 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Have you used TrinityReservation.com before? The Cruise-Park packages look great!!

nope, it's not usually worth it - the cost usually exceeds parking at the port, and we only live about 40 minutes from the port, so doesn't make sense to do it. Only doing it now because it would be $480 to park for 16 days, and this is almost $100 less to stay and park. That's enough for a "treat myself to something" on the cruise 🤣

3 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

nope, it's not usually worth it - the cost usually exceeds parking at the port, and we only live about 40 minutes from the port, so doesn't make sense to do it. Only doing it now because it would be $480 to park for 16 days, and this is almost $100 less to stay and park. That's enough for a "treat myself to something" on the cruise 🤣

Yeah....We live on Long Island so really not that far from Jersey but this is the 1st B2B out of Bayonne...no real need for just a 7-Nighter. It looks like we'd save about $100 too for 16 days(including the overnight hotel stay)....if you don't mind, can you please come back and let us know how your experience goes? We're not traveling until May but may make a reservation in the meantime. $100 can definitely be used for a few extra 🍸🍸🍸Thanks.

17 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Yeah....We live on Long Island so really not that far from Jersey but this is the 1st B2B out of Bayonne...no real need for just a 7-Nighter. It looks like we'd save about $100 too for 16 days(including the overnight hotel stay)....if you don't mind, can you please come back and let us know how your experience goes? We're not traveling until May but may make a reservation in the meantime. $100 can definitely be used for a few extra 🍸🍸🍸Thanks.

I'll try to do that - I'm hoping it works out well.  Like I said, it's only worth it because it's a B2B - and they offer good timing options. DH and I did a March cruise from Bayonne, & DD drove us & picked us up (cheapest of all 🙂 ), and we're doing another next March but out of Baltimore, so will drive down the day before and stay over.  Looked to do the park & stay there too, and it would be cheaper than parking at the port, but the one I was looking at only offered 1 drop off & pick up time - I think they do a single run. The hotel pick up & drop at the port was ok - 10 am pick up, but then the pick up at the port for the return trip to the hotel was about 1045 - meaning at least 2 hours at the port after disembarkation, and the price savings does not justify it, especially since I don't know anything about the port of Baltimore, and could potentially be outside in the cold or rain (or snow - not impossible in March) waiting.  

8 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

I'll try to do that - I'm hoping it works out well.  Like I said, it's only worth it because it's a B2B - and they offer good timing options. DH and I did a March cruise from Bayonne, & DD drove us & picked us up (cheapest of all 🙂 ), and we're doing another next March but out of Baltimore, so will drive down the day before and stay over.  Looked to do the park & stay there too, and it would be cheaper than parking at the port, but the one I was looking at only offered 1 drop off & pick up time - I think they do a single run. The hotel pick up & drop at the port was ok - 10 am pick up, but then the pick up at the port for the return trip to the hotel was about 1045 - meaning at least 2 hours at the port after disembarkation, and the price savings does not justify it, especially since I don't know anything about the port of Baltimore, and could potentially be outside in the cold or rain (or snow - not impossible in March) waiting.  

You could Uber to a breakfast place in the area and then Uber back to catch your shuttle

On 6/9/2023 at 5:00 PM, Pattycruise said:

You could Uber to a breakfast place in the area and then Uber back to catch your shuttle

I have mobility issues, and it would leave DH with all the bags - if we were going to consider that, I'd Uber straight back to the hotel & we could leave from there.  Might keep that idea in my back pocket, though