Royal Up

Safemike1

I am currently booked for a 4 night Jr suite on Freedom of the Seas, to sail in May to the Bahamas. When it becomes available, I will want to make a Royal Up offer to upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite. I have never made an offer to upgrade before this and am wondering what is a good reasonable offer to make that will stand a chance of being accepted? The Jr suite is $618 and the Grand Suite is $1271.

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

They'll give you a baseline bid as a minimum. 

Beyond that, it's whatever you're comfortable with.

Keep in mind just because there's a RoyalUp option doesnt mean there's an actual cabin to upgrade to.

True I’ve learned this the hard way a few times. Matt, I think you stayed in MY 2BR aqua theatre suite last Thanksgiving on Harmony! Lol 

6 hours ago, teddy said:

Not every booking on every cruise qualifies for the Royal Up bidding process. 

You may not get an invite but you can manually follow the link and bid. I haven’t come across a sailing yet that didn’t allow me to bid but then again most of ours are on Oasis class ships with many room categories 

12 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

You may not get an invite but you can manually follow the link and bid. I haven’t come across a sailing yet that didn’t allow me to bid but then again most of ours are on Oasis class ships with many room categories 

Even manually following the link doesn't guarantee you'll be able to bid. 

We had Jr suites on a cruise 6 months ago, three couples traveling together, reservations linked, rooms in a row. We got our GS royal ups and were separated but not by much since on that ship the GS and OS were all in a row on the same floor. That is not always the case on Quantum and Oasis class or with 2 br GS, but for many ships the suites are clumped together anyways. I've noticed the royal up doesn't take into account groups as much as guarantee suites or guarantee rooms does. On our GTY they've put them together but that's just our experience. But I understand, the royal ups are just filling in the gaps well after the GTY rooms were assigned.

8 hours ago, Wanderlust876 said:

Just got the Royal Up email for our 4/11 sailing on the Independence. While it was tempting, as the minimum start bid to go from a balcony to a Jr Suite was only $25, we have 2 cabins and I'm afraid we would get separated 😭

Same for me!  My travel party are in 5 rooms…all together…SpacOVBalc.  We all got Royal Up offers…very minimal too!  However it would completely stink if only some of us won our bids so we stayed away from bidding.  Looks like there are plenty of GS available on our ship but since it’s a crap shoot…we decided not to gamble…even though it would be awesome to upgrade at the price offered!