Cruise lines scrap St. Petersburg from itineraries after Russia invades Ukraine

Celebrity hasn't yet but is making contingency plans.

We are continuously monitoring events taking place around the world, including the situation in Ukraine. With recent events, we are evaluating whether or not we will be able to visit St. Petersburg, Russia, as scheduled.

At this time, our intention is to sail to St. Petersburg; however, we also have plans to visit alternate ports, should we feel that changing our itinerary is the best path forward for booked guests. As our Travel Partner, you will be the first to know should we decide to formally change our itinerary. We understand that the developments in the region may make your clients hesitant to sail to Russia, so we would like to share some options to ensure their vacation experience is everything they’ve planned and more.

Your clients may choose from the following options:

• Remain on this sailing, knowing that our plans will always have their safety as our number one priority, including alternate routes for safe travel.
  • As always, you have Cruise with Confidence available for your clients, where they can opt-in for a Future Cruise Credit to be used on another sailing.
    • If they previously applied a Global Suspension Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, the new Cruise with Confidence credit will include the previous credit that was based on their cruise fare. The bonus 25% will be issued as a separate credit.
    • Their certificates will have an expiration date of 1 year from their cruise’s original start date.
  • And should they wish to change their ship and sail date at prevailing rate, we’ll gladly help to switch and waive any change fees for their cruise.

Additionally, if we do end up changing one of your clients itineraries, we’ll offer your client the opportunity to cancel for a full refund. If you receive a notification (sample below) notifying you that your client's sailing may be impacted and have any questions or wish to move your clients to a new ship and sail date, please feel free to contact Celebrity Cruises at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We look forward to welcoming your clients onboard soon.

Sincerely,
Celebrity Cruises

• 2 weeks later...

They have added the overnight in Stockholm to my May 15th Cruise and now it appears to be missing from the list of available cruises in May?  When they announced the itinerary change a few weeks ago more than 30 rooms in my category opened back up for the sailing date and didn't sell as far as I could see.  What is the speculation as to why it still isn't listed?   Did it actually sell out?  Is the website having a senior moment?   I was hoping that they would have a great sale to fill those rooms but instead the entire offered date just disappeared.

Being retired military and personal security being one of my specialties, I wouldn't travel to Russia, even without the Ukrainian war going on.  Russia can take you hostage saying that you are a spy using your past military, intel, whatever as justification for it, not that they really justify anything.  Hell, these days they take you hostage even if you are just an athlete.  Actually, I have never agreed with anybody going to Russia.  

JMHO