Timing of bags getting delivered to your stateroom

need2cruz

I’m about to get on Symphony and was trying to pack the bag to carry around before our bags that we give to the porter are delivered to the stateroom.  I wasn’t sure if I should put my change of clothes for dinner in this bag.  We have the 5:30pm MDR time.  How long does it typically take to get the bags at the stateroom?

On most cruises I've taken my bags have been delivered by 4 or 5 pm at the latest. There have been several cruises where I was walking down the hall going to my room around 5 or 6pm and spotted my bag outside another persons stateroom with no one in sight. In those cases I simply grab my bag and wheeled it down the hall to my room, no harm no foul. But after 13 years of cruising I've never had to wait until 8 or 9 pm for my bags, even though I have heard horror stories of people having to wait that long or worst customers bags not showing up at all. How does a cruise line loose a person bag I don't know and I hope to never find out. 

2 hours ago, Plumlee2028 said:

Often times I have been able to walk down the hall (50-100 feet or so) and see them staged in a line and grab mine during the process of delivering.  

Same here. We had a 11:30am check-in time, boarded around 12:30pn (kiddo COVID tests). Rooms were ready by 1:30pm and there were bags lining the hallway. It took us about 3 minutes to find them all. 

5 hours ago, need2cruz said:

I’m about to get on Symphony and was trying to pack the bag to carry around before our bags that we give to the porter are delivered to the stateroom.  I wasn’t sure if I should put my change of clothes for dinner in this bag.  We have the 5:30pm MDR time.  How long does it typically take to get the bags at the stateroom?

We once didn't get our bags until 7PM, so I now wear long pants Day 1 (suitable for MDR) and pack shorts or swimsuit in my carry-on for a relaxing afternoon.  Dress code is lax on the first night, so don't fret much.

After I get into my room, I usually take an occasional stroll down the hallway and check where they take the bags from the elevator and line them up. If not there, I look into the crew area where more bags are waiting to be lined up. My bag has very distinctive markings on all sides so I can spot it from a distance…also helps keeps someone from ‘accidentally’ taking my bag from an airport carousel. If in the hallway, I just roll it away. If in the crew area, I wait until a crew member is there and point it out. They are happy to bring it out for me. Also, I’ve learned that sometimes it’s on the other end of the ship…so I check both fore and aft…how very nautical of me!

20 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

We once didn't get our bags until 7PM, so I now wear long pants Day 1 (suitable for MDR) and pack shorts or swimsuit in my carry-on for a relaxing afternoon.  Dress code is lax on the first night, so don't fret much.

On the occasion that our bags were not delivered until late, our party of five adults and two young kids were all in shorts and sweaty shirts (some without collars) in the MDR for dinner the first night.

Then again, you'll see that on other nights too.