Birth Certificate

Coluk003

Who would i talk to besides customer service about this question. No offense to CS but I work in CS and there are people that know and people that dont, and no matter what they say as an answer the company will still go by the policy regardless of what you were told 

SO. My BC is what i would call a wallet sized version issued by my state about 10 years ago before i moved, it does have the seal and all information except who my mother and father are. Is there somewhere i can read up on their BC policy to make sure this is ok. I really dont want to get there and find out i cant board as theres still time to get one thats a full version though its very price almost 70 bucks.

Thank you

37 minutes ago, Sharla said:

If you're going to pay the money to get a full sized BC I would just go ahead and get a passport. It's much more useful! 

the time frame is 4-6 weeks that would be putting it close, then again im not sure how you receive your passport but im assuming the PO doesn't do it all there

41 minutes ago, Coluk003 said:

Who would i talk to besides customer service about this question. No offense to CS but I work in CS and there are people that know and people that dont, and no matter what they say as an answer the company will still go by the policy regardless of what you were told 

SO. My BC is what i would call a wallet sized version issued by my state about 10 years ago before i moved, it does have the seal and all information except who my mother and father are. Is there somewhere i can read up on their BC policy to make sure this is ok. I really dont want to get there and find out i cant board as theres still time to get one thats a full version though its very price almost 70 bucks.

Thank you

That is what I have for a BC and it worked fine on all our cruises.

You have to send in a BC to get your passport anyways. I would just order a certified copy to make sure you have it for your cruise. Then you have the extra to send off to get your passport in case it gets lost for some reason...and you won't be without a BC while the passport is processing. 

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

If you're going to pay the money to get a full sized BC I would just go ahead and get a passport. It's much more useful! 

Believe that you have to send a certified copy of your BC in with your passport application also. Just checked state department web site certified copy with parents names required.

So OP is going to have to spring for the $70 certified one way or another

The small wallet sized BC will not be accepted for a passport application.  My daughter tried and failed.  The State Dept requires the full certificate. I am shocked at the cost!  Here in Connecticut and in New Hampshire where my husband was born, certified copies are obtained from the local Town/City Hall and cost $20.