Jump to content

Just off the Symphony 12/4-12/11(Western Caribbean) Happy to answer any questions!


DLJ2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MDabney said:

Welcome home, glad you had a great time.  Can't wait for our NYE (Eastern Caribbean) sailing on Anthem in three weeks.  What was the passenger load percentage on your sail and was the Windjammer open for dinner?  Thanks and stay safe.

4009 passengers, not sure on the percentage. Windjammer was open for dinner. Seating in the Windjammer could be difficult as not every table was available due to social distancing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, DLJ2020 said:

4009 passengers, not sure on the percentage. Windjammer was open for dinner. Seating in the Windjammer could be difficult as not every table was available due to social distancing.

So we are sailing December 18th Symphony.  Someone on board doing a B2B just asked crew and was told the Dec 18 sailing will have 5800 people.  They are going to need to open some tables or something to meet the needs of this cruise.  when I was over Freedom and Mariner we had maybe 1600 people and I had issues finding tables at lunch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, we are so looking forward to our first Oasis class, Symphony cruise. Did you have an issues booking shows and any advice on who to see or where to go when you first board. Is it simply a process via the app? We had a bit of FCC so we splurged to a GS, so I think the concierge could book it. We board Laye January, so I think the capacity would be close to near normal by then and we want to see all the shows. Also, can you see the Aqua show more than once? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kelly S said:

So we are sailing December 18th Symphony.  Someone on board doing a B2B just asked crew and was told the Dec 18 sailing will have 5800 people.  They are going to need to open some tables or something to meet the needs of this cruise.  when I was over Freedom and Mariner we had maybe 1600 people and I had issues finding tables at lunch 

That's frustrating. I assume they will have to open more tables, otherwise it's a logistical mess for them with dozens of people walking around with plates looking for somewhere to eat. The only other option would be to limit capacity of the Windjammer and force people to make reservations. That would really annoy me because part of what I enjoy about the WJ is the ability to just show up, or even go myself to grab something if my family isn't eating. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jeffmw said:

That's frustrating. I assume they will have to open more tables, otherwise it's a logistical mess for them with dozens of people walking around with plates looking for somewhere to eat. The only other option would be to limit capacity of the Windjammer and force people to make reservations. That would really annoy me because part of what I enjoy about the WJ is the ability to just show up, or even go myself to grab something if my family isn't eating. 

A few of us have noticed on the APP that there is a section for making reservations at Windjammer… the button isn’t highlighted yet but because it is there I think they might plan to enact it.  But just by it being there they are planning it.  If I go for dinner at Windjammer I also just want to show up….if I wanted set time I would go to dining room.  I have my time dining but sometimes I want to eat at 6pm….

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, we are so looking forward to our first Oasis class, Symphony cruise. Did you have an issues booking shows and any advice on who to see or where to go when you first board. Is it simply a process via the app? We had a bit of FCC so we splurged to a GS, so I think the concierge could book it. We board Laye January, so I think the capacity would be close to near normal by then and we want to see all the shows. Also, can you see the Aqua show more than once? 

I would book your shows first thing when you get on the boat. Reservations were gone by the end of embarkation day. I did not get all the times I wanted, but feel if I would have done this first thing I would have had a better outcome. You can also book by calling or seeing someone at the box office as well. I found the app to be extremely easy to use for this though, and it keeps you out of a line. I believe your concierge could book as well. We were not in a suite. I could only reserve a show once, but you can always stand in the standby line. Show up 30-45 before the show starts and you should be able to get in. Flight and Hiro were great. The Ice Skating show was just ok. That is only my opinion though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, San Diego Garrett said:

Did you have a lot of excursion options through Royal? Our Symphony cruise isn't until the end of June, so a lot can change, but hoping the excursion options increase by then.

I felt like we had a good array of options to choose from. We did all of our excursions through the boat this time. Maybe more will start showing up a little closer to sailing like 3-4 months out. We were happy with all of our excursions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Christine C. said:

I am sailing on the Symphony in 27 days. I am still unable to book entertainment. Do you remember how far out you were able to book yours?

You can only book it once you board the ship and connect to their wifi. You can not book it prior to boarding. Maybe only if you have a star class suite.  Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong. 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DieHappy said:

Did you try specialty dinning?  What was your favorite?  Did you have any issues booking a reservation, we have the ultimate dinning package and plan on eating at a specialty restaurant almost every night if possible.  

We only did one. It was Chops. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable. I booked the time before we left on the RCCL website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2021 at 1:00 PM, San Diego Garrett said:

Did you have a lot of excursion options through Royal? Our Symphony cruise isn't until the end of June, so a lot can change, but hoping the excursion options increase by then.

We are cruising June 11th on SOS.  No San Juan excursions, limited St Thomas ones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2021 at 5:54 PM, DieHappy said:

Did you try specialty dinning?  What was your favorite?  Did you have any issues booking a reservation, we have the ultimate dinning package and plan on eating at a specialty restaurant almost every night if possible.  

We just did this. It was easy to book and made reservations for every night. 150 CP is by far our favorite! Waiter Ben that works there is the absolute BEST!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walt Golas said:

We are traveling with a group of 24.  June 11th,  Did you notice if groups were around? We also have a 3 and 6 year old in the group which we are finding is creating problems with vaxx non-vaxx status.

Any others in same situation??

I saw a few large groups. I understand traveling with vaxxed and non-vaxxed can make things a headache for sure. Maybe things will change before you sail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MomOf6 said:

Any "secret" places to go or things to do that aren't published?

We learned to make reservations for My Time Dining for breakfast. The Windjammer was CRAZY in the mornings, especially on port days. You could get a lot of the same menu items as the buffet in a much less crowded and crazy environment. A relaxing way to start the morning, and we loved that. We also enjoyed the card room on deck 14. A great place to play games as a group. Usually not busy and quiet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/14/2021 at 2:46 PM, MomOf6 said:

Do you have a copy of the Cruise Compass?

Yes! Hoping to get them scanned in the next couple of days. There was no showing of Hairspray on our sailing. I was a little disappointed. But most of the items should stay pretty close to the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DLJ2020 said:

Yes! Hoping to get them scanned in the next couple of days. There was no showing of Hairspray on our sailing. I was a little disappointed. But most of the items should stay pretty close to the same.

Wow, that’s crazy. We are on the 5 nighter this Saturday so that makes me think we may miss that or Flight unfortunately. It’s going to be interesting to see what they manage to salvage from the 7 night itinerary. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...