Easy to change guest on reservation?

I am on the fence about booking a cruise and it has nothing to do with corona.  YEAH!  I want to book a room for my family of three and let my son include his girlfriend in our room as well.  If they breakup, is it EASY to swap out her name with someone else?  Has anyone done this before?  Do I have to pay a fee to change the name in our room?    (We are driving to the port, so no worries about airfare. ).   Please let me know soon!  (Thank God for this forum!)

12 minutes ago, Blondie511 said:

I am on the fence about booking a cruise and it has nothing to do with corona.  YEAH!  I want to book a room for my family of three and let my son include his girlfriend in our room as well.  If they breakup, is it EASY to swap out her name with someone else?  Has anyone done this before?  Do I have to pay a fee to change the name in our room?    (We are driving to the port, so no worries about airfare. ).   Please let me know soon!  (Thank God for this forum!)

Yes, It is pretty easy to drop/add extra people.

1 hour ago, Blondie511 said:

So no penalty or fee to drop, change or add people?

No penalty to drop, but you can't get back a nonrefundable deposit. It goes towards the balance of the room. 

You can change the name on a booking as long as one original member is on the booking, no charge, up to a few days before sailing. 

Adding a guest depends on several factors.  If you book a room with wt least 3 people, you will lock in the 3rd person rate which is the same cost it would be to add people in the future (could book the 3 of you without the GF for now, for example). But they do have capacity restrictions that could come into play if you are trying to add someone later and there's no more space in the muster station to accommodate.

2 hours ago, Blondie511 said:

Went through this also.  As long as one of the original names is on the reservation no issue changing one.   In our case, it was late - so a no show at the terminal, and my son had the room solo.  (Of course we paid for the double occupancy)

I didn't add anyone but when I booked I used my wife's maiden name (i booked before we got married and wasn't sure how the name changing process would go during covid). I actually just sent an email to customer service saying I needed to change her last name and they did it no problem. My guess is you could probably just call and add the new person, can't imagine it would be difficult.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Heeyou Park said:

I booked 2 rooms through travel agency and we will stay 2 persons each room. But my parents can't go because of health problems, 80yrs old . Can I change to others, 2 persons? Departure date is 12 May 2023. 

You can name swap with no price change as long as one person from original reservation remains on reservation

• 4 weeks later...

Can i change my son surname on my booking cruise sailing Jun 17th? The rest data stay the same. How to change it? I booked from the Royal C web directly. Can i do the changing at the port?

Edited by Makmur
My cruise room number shown

@KJones Thank you for your reply. I changed my son’s surname when he was toddler. I thought I would renew his passport with his new surname. So when I booked my cruise, I applied with new surname.. This April I submitted me and my son’s files for passport renewal, and then this May I took picture for the passport (need a month from apply until take a picture, long queue). But next week I will get my new passport. The problem is, the change in my son’s passport need extra 1 month to be ready. If i just agree with old surname then they can issue my son’s passport faster than a month. What should I do? That’s why I hope I can just do it at the port, because I’m waiting for the passport.  I still fight for the faster passport with new surname, but if it’s still can not, then I will desperately use old surname.