87 days out and no online check-in?

48 minutes ago, RyanS said:

They have closed the check in system for most, if not all cruises. I have a cruise in 16 days out of Nassau and we still cannot check in...

It is not just you which is good at least ?

Out of Nassau? On Adventure? And you haven't checked-in? If that's the case, sounds like RCG is canceling. You should demand full refund. I'm 37 days out and the TA is pissed at RCG for not informing her of what's going on. TA was told that check-in will be at 30 days out. Apparently, many of TA's clients are in the same boat.

18 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Out of Nassau? On Adventure? And you haven't checked-in? If that's the case, sounds like RCG is canceling. You should demand full refund. I'm 37 days out and the TA is pissed at RCG for not informing her of what's going on. TA was told that check-in will be at 30 days out. Apparently, many of TA's clients are in the same boat.

Yep June 12th (first cruise out). We were told possibly June 5th (1 week out) since they were waiting on the CDC to give the updated guidance which came out yesterday and they want to tailor it similar to the restart in the US. I hope its not cancelled!

15 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

We're (probably) going.. we received our Guest Ticket Booklets and Luggage Tags yesterday.. some passengers had them emailed to them, some could access them on the cruise planner site.

That being said, we don't even know what the protocols for the cruise will be, how exactly check in will work (since we're using the HIlton Colonial for Check In), and like @RyanSsaid, we're 16 days out. Everyone is definitely antsy in our FB group but we're staying positive, confident Royal will at some point, tell us what the deal is and open check in.

I  Understand wanting to check in, but does checking in 90 days before really change anything more than checking in 14 days before?  We also check in ASAP, but with the current environment, I’m understanding on the hold up.  Id rather they get their ducks in a row so that when you check in, there are few changes afterwards.

I suspect this is also delaying all the policies since Royal probably wants them to be as close to being the same everywhere they can.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/05/27/floridas-vaccine-passport-law-holding-royal-caribbeans-new-health-protocols-cruises

note: our party is also within the normal “90 day” window to check in.

7 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

I  Understand wanting to check in, but does checking in 90 days before really change anything more than checking in 14 days before?  We also check in ASAP, but with the current environment, I’m understanding on the hold up.  Id rather they get their ducks in a row so that when you check in, there are few changes afterwards.

I suspect this is also delaying all the policies since Royal probably wants them to be as close to being the same everywhere they can.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/05/27/floridas-vaccine-passport-law-holding-royal-caribbeans-new-health-protocols-cruises

note: our party is also within the normal “90 day” window to check in.

I don't think it does, I think people want to be the 1st to check in, to get the preferred check in time, also for those that are planners and checklist types, it's something check off the to do list. 

I 100% agree with you tho.. I'm on record saying they could announce things the day of and i'll be ok with it, as long as it's not announcing they're cancelling the cruise. ?

8 minutes ago, Josh C said:

I don't think it does, I think people want to be the 1st to check in, to get the preferred check in time, also for those that are planners and checklist types, it's something check off the to do list. 

I 100% agree with you tho.. I'm on record saying they could announce things the day of and i'll be ok with it, as long as it's not announcing they're cancelling the cruise. ?

I am one of the ones wanting earlier check in times. We come in Friday so I'd love to get on board... where my drink package starts working haha!

7 minutes ago, Josh C said:

Totally. I’m one of those “planner people” and my spreadsheet uses auto formatting and I have to admit the RED boxes drive me crazy,but at this point my cruise is still on, so I’m going with the flow.  We’re on Allure and still can’t book the entertainment yet, but at least we have set dining times do I don’t have to deal with the MY Time scheduling and changing it up.

9 minutes ago, Josh C said:

I want to check in early AND am an obsesive planner!

17 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Yep June 12th (first cruise out). We were told possibly June 5th (1 week out) since they were waiting on the CDC to give the updated guidance which came out yesterday and they want to tailor it similar to the restart in the US. I hope its not cancelled!

Did RCG check with you regarding your flexibility fom one week to another or did they just do it?

11 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Did RCG check with you regarding your flexibility fom one week to another or did they just do it?

We have known since we booked that the protocols would be changing up to the last minute.  I was mentally prepared for full masks and social distancing protocols.  I am also prepared for there to be some serious hiccups being the first post covid cruise in North America - I guess the check in thing is one of those. 

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

We have known since we booked that the protocols would be changing up to the last minute.  I was mentally prepared for full masks and social distancing protocols.  I am also prepared for there to be some serious hiccups being the first post covid cruise in North America - I guess the check in thing is one of those. 

Agreed! At this point I'd like to just know. And thanks for the reminder on the Bahamas visa!

If it were just the Check in that was delayed because of finalizing protocols in a fluid time, I would be very understanding.

but it’s becoming more and more unacceptable with every passing day,  now 51 days out from July sailing, to have ZERO communication whether there will even be a sailing. NCL and Carnival has already announced July plans. Shows a lack of concern for paying customers and frankly is bad for business long term 

8 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

If it were just the Check in that was delayed because of finalizing protocols in a fluid time, I would be very understanding.

but it’s becoming more and more unacceptable with every passing day,  now 51 days out from July sailing, to have ZERO communication whether there will even be a sailing. NCL and Carnival has already announced July plans. Shows a lack of concern for paying customers and frankly is bad for business long term 

In this environment, 51 days is an eternity. I understand the frustration, but I would really start worrying until  the 30 day mark.  By then, ships will be sailing from Nassau and i Have the feeling that things will ramp us quickly in the next week or so (at least I hope).

18 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

In this environment, 51 days is an eternity. I understand the frustration, but I would really start worrying until  the 30 day mark.  By then, ships will be sailing from Nassau and i Have the feeling that things will ramp us quickly in the next week or so (at least I hope).

I'm 37 days out and nothing is ramping up quickly. What's going to ramp up are the refunds from the cancelations as many are growing tired of RCG's lack of respect for their loyal customers.  

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't think you'll see 90-day checkin windows ever again. There's really no need for it.

TIL that you really only need to check in 60 minutes before sailing time. Royal requests that you do it 3 days in advance to make it faster on the pier.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/online-checkin-boarding-pass-completion

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thanks guys for the info, at least now I know. On normal years I just love to check in exactly 90 days. Its a fun thing to do and it says CRUISE COMING! Then we get excited. 

Can't wait till counting down the days till cruise time is back to normal once again. Love the adrenaline rush like riding a roller coaster.