Coco Cay and ship water slide question

22 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm still annoyed you cant wear rash guards. 

I have asked at local water parks about why rash guards aren't allowed on some slides. Response has been that guards can be made from different materials, some of which have a high friction coefficient, potentially causing one to get stuck in slide. However, back shaving is not yet required. 

• 6 months later...

Hoping to resurrect this for a minute...  I've read that it's just the men/boys that have to remove their rash guards on the Perfect Day slides.  Can anyone confirm if this is true?  My daughter is at that age where it's non-negotiable wearing a shirt in the pool.  I remember those days, myself.  I don't think she would use any of the slides if she had to wear a traditional bathing suit.  😕 

21 minutes ago, Dulis said:

Hoping to resurrect this for a minute...  I've read that it's just the men/boys that have to remove their rash guards on the Perfect Day slides.  Can anyone confirm if this is true?  My daughter is at that age where it's non-negotiable wearing a shirt in the pool.  I remember those days, myself.  I don't think she would use any of the slides if she had to wear a traditional bathing suit.  😕 

I have watched some recent youtube vloggers that were in Coco Cay recently and he was wearing rash guard and they let him keep it on while on the slide BUT mentioned in a previous visit before the shutdown that he had to remove it. Others can comment on their experience but it looks like you MAY be able to wear rash guard on slides

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

I have watched some recent youtube vloggers that were in Coco Cay recently and he was wearing rash guard and they let him keep it on while on the slide BUT mentioned in a previous visit before the shutdown that he had to remove it.

That was my experience as well. In 2019 I had to remove it, but no such instruction when I went earlier this year.

1 hour ago, Dulis said:

My non-binary child wore a rashguard on the slides this past summer on the ship and in CocoCay.  No question asked.  They wouldn't feel comfortable without a rashguard.  I will say the ship slides made them go very slow, but it was not an issue at CocoCay.  Noone said anything to them.