Covid 19 test

M First

Hi, 

Looking for information about the Covid 19 test and timing. Our family hopefully will be going a Rhapsody of the Seas on June 18. 2021 but we will be first vesting Italy arriving on June 18,2021 and we need to know if we get the test before we leave for Italy on June 16,2021 or do we need to find a place in Italy that will admitter the test and who would this work if we will be traveling from Rome, to Florence and then to Venice and then departing from Venice to go to Greece 

No one knows yet and the situation is changing constantly. 

The current policy to board the cruise ship is a test taken between 48 and 72 hours prior to boarding.  

You also need to look into if Italy would have any testing requirements to enter the country.  Right now they aren't accepting tourism travel from the US at all.

2 hours ago, M First said:

Hi, 

Looking for information about the Covid 19 test and timing. Our family hopefully will be going a Rhapsody of the Seas on June 18. 2021 but we will be first vesting Italy arriving on June 18,2021 and we need to know if we get the test before we leave for Italy on June 16,2021 or do we need to find a place in Italy that will admitter the test and who would this work if we will be traveling from Rome, to Florence and then to Venice and then departing from Venice to go to Greece 

Same timeframe for us on a B2B (different ship) - pretty sure we’ll get cancelled or will cancel.  I’m not comfortable about the uncertainty of the logistics at this point.  Would feel better if at least we were able to get our shots before the final payment, but we’re too low on the priority list.

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Also depends on what type of test you are getting ... some purposes only accept specific tests, my ex was planning to go to the Bahamas and they would not accept a rapid test result for example.

Good point. Aruba wouldn't accept the antigen tests for incoming folks, but they offered the tests in Aruba for those leaving back to countries that accepted the antigen test.  

Just to add: I joined an Italy Covid 19 travel group on Facebook as we are booked on Odyssey in October. 

From what the residents in Italy are posting, there may not be any cruising/tourism with foreigners. Apparently they are still in a bad way. Everything closes at 6pm. No restaurants are open at night. Vaccination is expected to take 8-12 months. 

If you want the link to the Facebook group let me know and I’ll post. So far it’s had the best information regarding their current situation. 

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Just to add: I joined an Italy Covid 19 travel group on Facebook as we are booked on Odyssey in October. 

From what the residents in Italy are posting, there may not be any cruising/tourism with foreigners. Apparently they are still in a bad way. Everything closes at 6pm. No restaurants are open at night. Vaccination is expected to take 8-12 months. 

If you want the link to the Facebook group let me know and I’ll post. So far it’s had the best information regarding their current situation. 

I would appreciate the link as we are booked on the Harmony out of Barcelona Oct 31, 2021 for a transatlantic. (fingers crossed)  We had hoped to spend a week in Italy prior to the cruise, Knowing we would need to get tested in Italy to cross the border into spain and get on a cruise ship

This may answer the testing question. But it could be by sailing as stated. still kind of vague  

You are required to select an arrival time for your wellness check

Your arrival time is an appointment to complete the required wellness screening prior to boarding.

At the Terminal

We’re doing everything we can to ensure our ships sail with healthy guests and crew by implementing wellness checks for all guests.

Make sure you:
  • Have your test results in hand: We require all guests to complete SARS-CoV-2 (rtPCR) testing prior to sailing and bring the results to the pier prior to boarding. Please note the testing requirement for your sailing.
  • Wear your face covering: All guests are asked to face coverings from the time they arrive at the terminal.
  • Arrive on time: Your arrival time is also when you take your pre-cruise wellness check. Please plan to get to the terminal during that time window - not before or after - so you board smoothly.
  • Wash your hands: Hand-washing stations, with soap and water, and hand sanitizing stations are readily available throughout the terminal.
  • Keep your distance: Stay at least six feet away from people outside your travel party and, if physical distancing isn’t possible, make sure your face covering covers your nose and mouth.
Read less 

Note: Arrival outside your time slot will delay your boarding.

Your party's arrival time is

On 2/12/2021 at 4:16 PM, KatyH said:

I would appreciate the link as we are booked on the Harmony out of Barcelona Oct 31, 2021 for a transatlantic. (fingers crossed)  We had hoped to spend a week in Italy prior to the cruise, Knowing we would need to get tested in Italy to cross the border into spain and get on a cruise ship

Here’s the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/itpvirusupdates/?ref=share

381EF87F-ED92-4D5B-9C8A-8C17ADE9D65A.png

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, M First said:

Hello, 

is there any updates for travel to Italy in June 2021

leaving from L'AX on June 18 we should all have had the shots by then,

Nope, nobody knows anything about upcoming sailings at this point. You can be sure that when something does come up, Matt will post it on the front page of the blog, though!