Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think that’s another lesson I’ve learned through this. Use one card for Royal purchases so that it’s easier to track it down. 

4/26 sailing here -  

You are a round 3 cancellation then right?    I wouldn’t start looking until the 30 day mark, and most likely it will show up around the 45 day area.   (Based on 5/22 date)

Posted Images

May 24th cruise (Oasis out of Port Liberty) cancelled during second wave...

  • 125% FCC received May 22nd
  • Refund of taxes and fees hit my CC account today (received in piecemeal transactions for some reason but the total is correct)
  • 125% OBC still to come

At the risk of tempting providence, so far (and I appreciate that not everyone has had the same experience) whilst I have had to be patient, the correct credits/refunds are now coming through. Of course the one I am really looking forward to is the OBC (c. $1,500) so I have the flexibility to take advantage of any price drops in Cruise Planner (I cancelled and re-booked a couple of Cruise Planner items back at the beginning of May and am still awaiting the associated refunds, so would much rather "play" with OBC in this way than use real $$! 😃)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received the refunds for our March 22 cruise for the Port fees, taxes and gratuities. Still waiting for the insurance refund but understand that is from a 3rd party so it will take longer. The cruise was not officially cancelled until May 6 due to reporting issues so a 3 week wait is not bad. Noticed that even though it shows that the transaction was May 30th it did not appear in our account until seven days later. Still waiting for refunds our June and July cruises that RCCL cancelled. We did receive some refund money earlier but have no idea what it is applied to as the amounts from the two transactions do not align with any purchases. My number obsessive self has a running spreadsheet of all our cruises so as long as the difference adds up to zero in the end I will be happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just contacted Royal through our TA for another matter, but inquired about the refund of our port fees/expense/taxes on our 5/31 sailing. She stated the transaction was sent for processing on 5/20 and we should be receiving the refund of these fees to our CC very soon......... we'll see!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our March 27 Radiance sailing was cancelled on 14 March. 

The cruise planner was actually still open, so I went in and cancelled everything. Refunds went back into our bank on 23 April.

We received our FCC certificates on 11 April.

As of today, still no sign of the port fees and taxes. 

74 days since the sail date and 87 days since the cruise was cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an email from RCCL yesterday saying they were refunding my Cruise Planner money to my original form of payment at 100%.  I had opted for the 125% credit to be applied to my new booked cruise.  The customer service lady told me they were only doing 100% refunds on cruise planner.  She told me she had worked for RCCL for 13 years, and they would never give 125% credit for cruise planner items.  I told her that I have a screenshot, and emails that prove differently.  She didn't believe me.  My TA was on the line also in a conference call, and she couldn't believe how we were being talked to.  I gave them the certificate number that was emailed to me a week ago, and was told that certificate didn't exist.  We then asked about my taxes, fees, and grats, she put us on hold for 35 minutes, and then the call was dropped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, bbowers said:

I received an email from RCCL yesterday saying they were refunding my Cruise Planner money to my original form of payment at 100%.  I had opted for the 125% credit to be applied to my new booked cruise.  The customer service lady told me they were only doing 100% refunds on cruise planner.  She told me she had worked for RCCL for 13 years, and they would never give 125% credit for cruise planner items.  I told her that I have a screenshot, and emails that prove differently.  She didn't believe me.  My TA was on the line also in a conference call, and she couldn't believe how we were being talked to.  I gave them the certificate number that was emailed to me a week ago, and was told that certificate didn't exist.  We then asked about my taxes, fees, and grats, she put us on hold for 35 minutes, and then the call was dropped.

The same thing happened to us.  We had requested a 125% FCC and ended up with a cash refund (which hasn't been refunded yet, BTW).  My TA said that this had happened so much in the last month that she wasn't even going to try and dispute it.  She has been told that once the refund process has begun, they cannot reverse it.  The refund is ok with me....just frustrating that they tell you to go through one process just to have it executed a different way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received an email from RCCL asking if we wanted to receive a 125% FCC on our Cruise Planner purchases on one of our upcoming cruises that was cancelled. This is funny as we cancelled those purchases although we have not received any refunds to date. Since we have not received the money back we were wondering if they were using this to keep the money and the extra 25% incentive can be written off later. Below is the letter.

RCCL Cruise Planner FCC.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Do you get an email when they refund you the taxes and fees? Or is it just you gotta have a keen eye for when it hits your bank account or credit card?

No.  And the refund for port fees and taxes (which one would think comes from the same place) may be in pieces as well.   You really have to stay on top of it to make sure you end up getting everything that you are owed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2020 at 4:08 PM, CrznTxn said:

Received an email from RCCL asking if we wanted to receive a 125% FCC on our Cruise Planner purchases on one of our upcoming cruises that was cancelled. This is funny as we cancelled those purchases although we have not received any refunds to date. Since we have not received the money back we were wondering if they were using this to keep the money and the extra 25% incentive can be written off later. Below is the letter.

RCCL Cruise Planner FCC.html 1.07 MB · 4 downloads

I'd more assume that the systems don't talk to each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

No.  And the refund for port fees and taxes (which one would think comes from the same place) may be in pieces as well.   You really have to stay on top of it to make sure you end up getting everything that you are owed.

Thank you. I was told part of it was sent last week and part is supposed to be this week but I haven't noticed anything. I'll have to look again to see if anything was refunded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our refunds seem to be processed by our credit card company on the weekend even though it shows that RCCL processed theirs on Monday. I guess RCCL processes their refunds on a Friday and our card company lets it sit and processes it on the following weekend. So far that is how it has worked. Still waiting on refunds from one cruise and a partial on another out of three cancelled. The one that we did receive we actually booked direct and not through our TA. The TA booked cruises have been the slow ones, go figure. The one that is a partial is the oldest one that was scheduled to leave almost 90 days ago. Unless there is a fantastic bargain on a Cruise Planner item, the wife refuses to give more money to RCCL until we are refunded some more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

I think i just got the taxes OR the fees from my May 8th Mariner cancellation ... taxes and fees was $178.48 ... mystery refund from Royal Caribbean today for $74.88 .... hoping i see another one tomorrow for the difference ?

I would not hold my breath. Of our mystery refunds of $348.22 out of $642.14, we have not seen any additional money back in just under a month. It was refunded in two amounts that corresponded to absolutely nothing. Wonder if the 45 day window restarts once they give you some money back.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...