Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I cancelled my cruise scheduled for early June on March 11.  I was told I would receive a full refund because I cancelled far enough out.  I was informed I would receive a refund on my extras such as drink package in 3 to 5 business days the cruise itself in 7 to 10 business days.  I have received nothing to date.  Has anyone else received their refunds?  Is it just taking longer because everything is sooo crazy righ now? Has anyone else received their refund?  How long did it take?  Should I call? Should I assume it may take 30 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On March 16 cancelled my cruise that was gonna sail in late April/early May and was told that I would receive a full refund in the form on a FCC for the cruise fare and I would get a refund back to my credit card for the taxes & fees, and I was told that it would be 30 DAYS from when the refund was processed that I would receive the FCC and the taxes & fees refunded back to my credit card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the fine print in RCL web site and from what l can understand it looks like that that FCC is not a refund but a credit on another cruise through RC. I'll tell you from where l and standing it's not like we are never going on another cruise with RC. The other thing l have notice l don't see RC sending out another cruise out of it's ports until May! I hope l am wrong but we are not out of this thing by a long shot. Everybody just listen to all medical staff, state officials, law enforcement, and our government, just keep washing your hands like you were on a cruise! Everybody out there stay safe and will get through this. 102 years ago the world went through this with the first flu which the country's finally got a handle on it, hopefully it won't take a year. Let's just keep the death count down!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tinman1224 said:

I read the fine print in RCL web site and from what l can understand it looks like that that FCC is not a refund but a credit on another cruise through RC. I'll tell you from where l and standing it's not like we are never going on another cruise with RC. The other thing l have notice l don't see RC sending out another cruise out of it's ports until May! I hope l am wrong but we are not out of this thing by a long shot. Everybody just listen to all medical staff, state officials, law enforcement, and our government, just keep washing your hands like you were on a cruise! Everybody out there stay safe and will get through this. 102 years ago the world went through this with the first flu which the country's finally got a handle on it, hopefully it won't take a year. Let's just keep the death count down!

Depending on the timing of ones cancellation (before or after final payment) determines cash refund or FCC; if Royal cancels the cruise, one gets to choose between refund or FCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Fine Print" was "trumped" by the email RCCL sent out on March 13, 2020 to us guests stating we would get a 100% Refund or a 125% Credit that expires 12-31-2021.

RCCL sent the statement on it's own accord. They need to back up their statements and send out refunds ASAP. Keep in mind: all of these cruises that have been cancelled have every booking already paid for 100% (because they are well within the 90 day prior to sailing full payment requirement). They are holding all of that money for all of those cruises yet those cruises are not sailing. That is a bunch of money they have right now from every booked guest. That is our money and we would like it back, PLEASE  RCCL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruise Happy said:

"Fine Print" was "trumped" by the email RCCL sent out on March 13, 2020 to us guests stating we would get a 100% Refund or a 125% Credit that expires 12-31-2021.

RCCL sent the statement on it's own accord. They need to back up their statements and send out refunds ASAP. Keep in mind: all of these cruises that have been cancelled have every booking already paid for 100% (because they are well within the 90 day prior to sailing full payment requirement). They are holding all of that money for all of those cruises yet those cruises are not sailing. That is a bunch of money they have right now from every booked guest. That is our money and we would like it back, PLEASE  RCCL

You may not get it all back. I just received my FCC and was shorted $4000.00. $2000 on cruise fare & $2000 in Royal Up Upgrade. Out of $7150.00 I received a $3204 FCC. Maybe their accounting dept has headed for the hills? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

You may not get it all back. I just received my FCC and was shorted $4000.00. $2000 on cruise fare & $2000 in Royal Up Upgrade. Out of $7150.00 I received a $3204 FCC. Maybe their accounting dept has headed for the hills? 

From what I read, the royalup would be refunded, and FCC is issued per person on the reservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Well perhaps I will get a 2nd email w/ the remainder of my $$.

My expectation is that RoyalUP will be refunded and your FCC will be based on the cruise fare of the original booking before RoyalUP.

I would think if the RoyalUP is not refunded you would have a case to file a chargeback on your credit card.  You paid for a product or service that wasn't delivered because the cruise line cancelled the cruise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, twangster said:

My expectation is that RoyalUP will be refunded and your FCC will be based on the cruise fare of the original booking before RoyalUP.

I would think if the RoyalUP is not refunded you would have a case to file a chargeback on your credit card.  You paid for a product or service that wasn't delivered because the cruise line cancelled the cruise.  

Yep I hope I don’t have to go down that route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...