Massage Query!

ajmp5

I tried searching but wanted to know people's preference on the massages on board.  I was thinking of getting the stone massage since I've never done that before.  Also is the 25 min difference between 75 and 50 min massage worth it?  Like yolo book it worth it?

Trying to make final determinations before cruising next weekend so any help is welcome!

Also, wife and I will probably get massages but not the couple's so we don't have to compromise on type. 

Thanks in advance you wonderful people!

21 hours ago, Kathleen said:

Hot Stone Massage is fabulous. A real favorite. I have only done the 50 minutes and I found it to more than enough time. I have done it by myself and as a couples message and enjoyed both.

Well hello, fellow Louisvillian.  We've always opted for the Swedish massage, but you may have us looking at the hot stones on our next cruise.  ?

Another vote for hot stone massage. Fantastic experience.

On 2/23/2020 at 12:22 PM, ajmp5 said:

Also is the 25 min difference between 75 and 50 min massage worth it?  Like yolo book it worth it?

Precisely. It's extra time enjoying the treatment.

IMHO,  Cruise massages are over priced and overrated.  And you are taxed a large gratuity.   Also, I have always found that a few hours after a massage I am really sore and don't want to spend my ship time that way.   My best friend and I have taken to going to a day spa after we return from the cruise and we just search for the best local deal (She's in Miami).   We use that to jump start our detox after a week of indulgence!

15 hours ago, DDemuth said:

Well hello, fellow Louisvillian.  We've always opted for the Swedish massage, but you may have us looking at the hot stones on our next cruise.  ?

I'm not a Louisvillian; however, I am from Elizabethtown just about 35 miles south of Louisville!  We do the couples massage (usually Swedish) with a lighter pressure for me and Hubby gets deeper pressure.

19 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

We do the couples massage (usually Swedish) with a lighter pressure for me and Hubby gets deeper pressure.

You must have better luck than I do (LOL).  I’ve tried asking for the light pressure massage but by the end they are trying to break the bones in my back again...so I’ve just given up.  I just can’t handle the brutality of the deep tissue deal.  It really hurts and never helps.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

You must have better luck than I do (LOL).  I’ve tried asking for the light pressure massage but by the end they are trying to break the bones in my back again...so I’ve just given up.  I just can’t handle the brutality of the deep tissue deal.  It really hurts and never helps.

Oh I will "ouch too hard!" and then they get it right!  I make sure before they start that I want a light touch.  Only once did I have to call them out for being to rough.

1 hour ago, shaydav19 said:

IMHO,  Cruise massages are over priced and overrated.  And you are taxed a large gratuity.   Also, I have always found that a few hours after a massage I am really sore and don't want to spend my ship time that way.   My best friend and I have taken to going to a day spa after we return from the cruise and we just search for the best local deal (She's in Miami).   We use that to jump start our detox after a week of indulgence!

Agree.  I also don't like the hard sell on products after and the request for a larger gratuity than the compulsory 18%.  I get my massages back home before and after.

On 2/25/2020 at 10:49 AM, SweetHomeLady said:

I also don't like the hard sell on products after and the request for a larger gratuity than the compulsory 18%. 

I couldn't agree more!  The product sell is the most infuriating part of all, I feel every bit of tension that had been released during the massage creep right back in as I parry and dodge every pitch.  Cruise ships have a ton of entertainment that they do I right, so I stick with that and keep my massages on land!

6 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

I couldn't agree more!  The product sell is the most infuriating part of all, I feel every bit of tension that had been released during the massage creep right back in as I parry and dodge every pitch.  Cruise ships have a ton of entertainment that they do I right, so I stick with that and keep my massages on land!

This is extremely easy to avoid. When you go in for any kind of spa procedure there is paperwork to fill out and forms to sign.  At the bottom of the page in HUGE letters, I write “ NO SALES !!”.  That will alert them that you are not going to participate in any sales talk.  If they start, just get up and walk out.  Works like a charm.

6 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is extremely easy to avoid. When you go in for any kind of spa procedure there is paperwork to fill out and forms to sign.  At the bottom of the page in HUGE letters, I write “ NO SALES !!”.  That will alert them that you are not going to participate in any sales talk.  If they start, just get up and walk out.  Works like a charm.

tenor.gif