Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mworkman

Jewel

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I’m not finding any sailings after Jewel arrives in Holland April16, 2021- May 28, 2021, so with that being said, I assume she will be receiving dry dock maintenance during this time?

I hope so. Just in time for my December cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I’m not finding any sailings after Jewel arrives in Holland April16, 2021- May 28, 2021, so with that being said, I assume she will be receiving dry dock maintenance during this time?

I sure hope so because I booked her for December 2021.

10 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I hope so. Just in time for my December cruise.

I will see you there!  Hopefully..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked on Jewel of the Seas for the May 28th, 12Night British Isles sailing.  I assume that she will be in dry dock during that lengthy period before our sailing. If it is refurbishment, I hope that they finish on time for our cruise! If anyone has any more information about the possible dry dock of Jewel starting April 16th,, I would appreciate it!   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Radiance goes to dry dock this coming October for 34 days.  Jewel's dry dock is 26 days.  

The expectation is that these are not "amplifications" but mostly for the periodic marine maintenance that occurs every 5 years for newer ships and more frequently for older ships.

Royal hasn't said very much about the Radiance time in the shipyard other than "multi-million dollar".  That could be millions in marine maintenance overhauling engines or millions spent on hotel updates like carpet and upholstery.  

I anticipate that concierge lounges will become suite lounges. I also think some restaurant spaces that aren't used today will be updated (outdoor bar/dining space behind windjammer for example).  Places like Samba Grill on Radiance may become something else and so on.  I'm not expecting waterslides or flowriders or any other major infrastructure updates.  Maybe the Nascar pub will become a more fleet standard English pub.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, twangster said:

Radiance goes to dry dock this coming October for 34 days.  Jewel's dry dock is 26 days.  

The expectation is that these are not "amplifications" but mostly for the periodic marine maintenance that occurs every 5 years for newer ships and more frequently for older ships.

Royal hasn't said very much about the Radiance time in the shipyard other than "multi-million dollar".  That could be millions in marine maintenance overhauling engines or millions spent on hotel updates like carpet and upholstery.  

I anticipate that concierge lounges will become suite lounges. I also think some restaurant spaces that aren't used today will be updated (outdoor bar/dining space behind windjammer for example).  Places like Samba Grill on Radiance may become something else and so on.  I'm not expecting waterslides or flowriders or any other major infrastructure updates.  Maybe the Nascar pub will become a more fleet standard English pub.   

It would be nice if Royal "would perform a switcharoo" and move the Conference Room on both ships, to where the Tides & the Shoresides(get rid of both respectively) dining area on the 4th deck, left side currently; and move Guess Services/Shore Excursion where the Conf. Rm. currently sits. Freeing up space where Guess Services/Shore Excursion currently sits, across from the Lobby Bar, on both ships, into a smaller version of Playmakers...Playmakers Café,

As far as RotS is concern, Royal need to add a poolside Screen, turn the Champagne Bar into Vintages, and reduce the area of Next Cruise, using that extra space for Café Latte-Tudes like on Jewel of the Seas. Speaking of JotS, Royal may need to move the arcade away from Adventure Ocean...best move to the back of ship, on same deck, like some of the others ship in her class; and also, move the Library to the 9th floor, near the center elevators, as it is on Radiance. Use the current location of the Library as part of the Lounge.

May be one or two other things I "wish" Royal would do with that Class of ships; those previously mention would be the most glaring imo.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...