Jump to content

Need advise on next cruise....


Yo2slick
 Share

Recommended Posts

So my wife and I booked a Panoramic Suite on Liberty for April 2021.  We want to take our kids and a couple other family members, 8 in total.  I guess right now our options are 6 of us in the Panoramic Suite and book another room for the other 2, Book a Grand Suite 2 bedroom for all 8, Book the Villa Suite for 600 more for all 8, or 2 Balcony rooms.  Is it worth the extra money for the suite?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt said:

My advice is to book a couple of rooms, even if it means downgrading to smaller rooms. I personally feel better to have 2 people in a room and get multiple rooms, rather than sharing a larger room. 

The only problem we are running into is that 5 of them will be under 21 and booking multiple rooms is coming close to booking the suite price wise.  In fact 2 balconies was more expensive than the Panoramic.   Thats the only reason the suite even came up.  And if we wanted to add the key that adds even more.  The Villa has 4 bedrooms and we get all the added perks.  

If we wanted to do multiple rooms they all have to connect or be across the hall because they are under 21 right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, the villa sounds nice, but that's filling that villa to the brim with people.  Its a big space, but that's 8 people sharing that space.  Personally I'd look at the price for the Panoramic and something on the same floor for the other 2.  That way you're not packing 8 people into 1 room.  I mean even with other ships and the star class and all that stuff.... I wouldnt want to pack 8 people to the room's capacity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

If you do end up in multiple rooms, make sure they are all GS or better, or none of them are. It would be frustrating to not be able to use the suite benefits for everyone. 

Thats the other thing I was looking at.  

 

39 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

For me, the villa sounds nice, but that's filling that villa to the brim with people.  Its a big space, but that's 8 people sharing that space.  Personally I'd look at the price for the Panoramic and something on the same floor for the other 2.  That way you're not packing 8 people into 1 room.  I mean even with other ships and the star class and all that stuff.... I wouldnt want to pack 8 people to the room's capacity

Villa sleeps 14 @ 1302 square feet with an 845 square foot balcony.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The villa still scares me to put everyone in.  That's about 160 sq ft per person.  excluding the balcony.  I'm just thinking about the bathroom situation in the villa.  For formal night everyone dressing and getting ready.  But that's me, and I like a fair bit of "personal space"  If this group is more of a use the cabin to sleep and maybe enjoy that huge balcony, ok that's great.  But personally, I spend a little more time in my room and enjoy a little more space, and sometimes even a place to get away from the others I'm travelling with.  Its just my personal opinion.  I mean the villa sounds lovely, and I wouldnt hesitate to put 4 people in there.  Or even 6 people.  But 8 frightens me.   And gods I'd never stuff 14 people in that villa.  I'm sure its more than capable of handling it, I just wouldnt want to be one of the 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

If we wanted to do multiple rooms they all have to connect or be across the hall because they are under 21 right?

Correct. Since you said that you are traveling with kids that are under 21, I would book a suite especially if the kids are infants and will be sleeping in a crib pack & play in the same room as the adults. 

If your kids are able to sleep in an adult bed then book multiple connecting rooms to your room or directly across the hall, but. If you want all of the adults & kids to be in the same room then book a suite that has multiple bedrooms.

8 hours ago, Yo2slick said:

Is it worth the extra money for the suite?

In my opinion booking a suite is worth the extra money because you get a bigger balcony then if you were to be in a balcony room, more space in the room, priority boarding on embarkation, robes are provided in your room for use while you are onboard the ship, complementarity drink packages, can eat all meals at the Coastal kitchen which is for people staying in a suite) and much more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, the Villa would be my choice. 1300 sq ft is more square footage than you would have in 4 reg balcony rooms. I also believe there are 4 bathrooms. So unless you do 4 suites you will have more room & have everyone together. And I think the suite perks tips the scale! JMHO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d also do the villa, if you’re going to be paying the money you’re paying, why would you not want to have all the perks and space it comes with?  Plus 2 points per night.

Booking balcony rooms, you’ll basically have bedrooms for everyone and nothing else ........ in a villa, you’ll have bedrooms PLUS all the extra living space outside the bedrooms ............ to me it’s a no brainer and it would be FOOLISH  to not get the villa with all the money you’re spending no matter what.

8B26CA44-39A1-43C0-A38E-1DE4B3116B9C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me the Villa would also be a no brainer if the price difference is comparable. You have 8, the Villa holds 14. That should be quite comfortable. And it has 4 separate bedrooms and 4 separate bathrooms. I don’t see how that can be very crowded. The Villa is the same as putting two 2-BDR Grand Suites together. 

I agree with @ChrisK2793, getting 4 balconies would not give you the extra living space. We did that with my family (4 connecting balconies) and it was ok but you basically just had the common balcony to share. With the Villa, you have more in space and suite benefits. 

If you go with your other strategy and get the Panoramic suite plus another suite, now you will be separated by decks as the VP is only in one location and there are no other suites on that same deck, unless both VPs are available. 

Villa is the best bet if the price is doable. And usually with a larger group, the price is more than doable. For example, with our Villa booking on Harmony next year, our per person cost is the same as an inside cabin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

For me the Villa would also be a no brainer if the price difference is comparable. You have 8, the Villa holds 14. That should be quite comfortable. And it has 4 separate bedrooms and 4 separate bathrooms. I don’t see how that can be very crowded. The Villa is the same as putting two 2-BDR Grand Suites together. 

I agree with @ChrisK2793, getting 4 balconies would not give you the extra living space. We did that with my family (4 connecting balconies) and it was ok but you basically just had the common balcony to share. With the Villa, you have more in space and suite benefits. 

If you go with your other strategy and get the Panoramic suite plus another suite, now you will be separated by decks as the VP is only in one location and there are no other suites on that same deck, unless both VPs are available. 

Villa is the best bet if the price is doable. And usually with a larger group, the price is more than doable. For example, with our Villa booking on Harmony next year, our per person cost is the same as an inside cabin.

Yeah the pricing after 4 people drops significantly for each additional person you add.  The villa was 600 more for the entire trip than 2 GS and multiple rooms in some cases were close if not more than the suite.  I think the villa is a no brainer myself as we would want the Key added if not booking a suite.  I went ahead and booked the Villa for April of 2021.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Yo2slick I just re-read your original post.  For $600 more, I would most definitely get the Villa!  And doesn't that suite have the hot tub?  It does on Harmony/Symphony.  Definitely no-brainer.

Yes has a wet bar, big table for all of us outside and a 6 person hot tub.  Does Liberty have CK or something special for suite guests?  This will be our first suite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Yo2slick said:

Yes has a wet bar, big table for all of us outside and a 6 person hot tub.  Does Liberty have CK or something special for suite guests?  This will be our first suite.

Unfortunately it does not.  Also it will not have complimentary VOOM.  They will however dedicate a specialty restaurant for breakfast in the mornings.  Here is an example of suite benefits on non-Oasis or Quantum class ships.

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation. 

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience, 
here is a brief summary of those services: 

·        Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 9 aft.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard. 
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom. 
·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am 
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. 
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. 
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine. 
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ). 
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open). 
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc. 
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early. 
·        Arrangements for private parties. 
·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions). 
·        Business services such as copies, etc. 
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent). 
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance). 

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card. 

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). 
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent 
or guardian at all times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Unfortunately it does not.  Also it will not have complimentary VOOM.  They will however dedicate a specialty restaurant for breakfast in the mornings.  Here is an example of suite benefits on non-Oasis or Quantum class ships.

Dear Suite Guest,

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Navigator of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation. 

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Navigator of the Seas. For your convenience, 
here is a brief summary of those services: 

·        Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 9 aft.
·        Spa Bathrobes for use onboard. 
·        Upgraded amenities for the bathroom. 
·        Complimentary pressing service for the first Formal night.
·        Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, From 7:30 am to 10:00 am 
·        Hors d'oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm. 
·        A la Carte Breakfast served daily in Chop’s Restaurant on Sea Days from 8:00 am to 10:00 am and in Port days from 7:00 am to 9:00 am. 
·        Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering for your dinner wine. 
·        Limited VIP lounge chair set-up near the Pool Bar area between Decks 11 and 12 ( no chairs reservation ). 
·        Full Dining Room room-service privilege (available when Dining Room is open). 
·        Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, sports activities, Shore excursions! Salon and Spa services, etc. 
·        Our new additions i.e. Chef's Table, Sabor, Giovanni’s Table, Izumi  Restaurant ,Chops Grille ,get booked early, to avoid disappointment we suggest you make your reservations early. 
·        Arrangements for private parties. 
·        Reserved private seating during breakfast and lunch in Chop’s Grill restaurant (please see your service personnel for directions). 
·        Business services such as copies, etc. 
·        Cocktail party hosted by the Captain (invitations will be sent). 
·        Reserved VIP seats for production shows the suite area will be open 15 minutes prior to show time (please show Cruise Director’s staffs your Gold SeaPass card at the entrance). 

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24 hour basis with your Sea Pass Card. 

We respectfully request that guests follow a smart casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). 
To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent 
or guardian at all times. 

Thank you for the info!  We decided to go back on Liberty as we really enjoyed it and thought it would be a great first cruise for our kids.  Maybe next time we will look at an Oasis class as there seems to be way more options but then again sometimes less is more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Yo2slick said:

Thank you for the info!  We decided to go back on Liberty as we really enjoyed it and thought it would be a great first cruise for our kids.  Maybe next time we will look at an Oasis class as there seems to be way more options but then again sometimes less is more.

Most definitely.  We did not take our kids on Oasis class until their 7th cruise in.  They did Voyager, Freedom, and Quantum class before they did Oasis.  It was a good move because by the time they ventured onto Oasis class, they really could appreciate and understand the differences between each of the classes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...