Diamond and Above Drink Vouchers

We will be sailing as Diamond for the first time in three weeks on a 4 night cruise out of Tampa.  I am aware of the Diamond lounge plus the drink vouchers that are given for three drinks during the normal Diamond lounge cocktail hours that can be used at the bars around the ship (excluding the MDR, Specialty Dining and the Champagne Bar).

I have heard varying reports as to what you can get at the bars vs. the lounge.  I like vodka martini's but the wife will occasionally have a cosmo and I've heard that because there is more that one liquor in it some bars will not serve them with the voucher.  Does anyone have experience with this?

The bars will have a separate menu you can choose from.  Frankly, it's all pretty lame drinks like rum and coke, gin and tonic, etc., just your basics; but at the price one can't complain much.  My last cruise, last April on Jewel, there was a lot of confusion amongst the bartenders as to what was complimentary and what wasn't.  My next cruise I'll just buy one of the packages and not worry about it.

• 3 years later...
On 10/20/2015 at 12:49 PM, WhiteSoxFan said:

We will be sailing as Diamond for the first time in three weeks on a 4 night cruise out of Tampa.  I am aware of the Diamond lounge plus the drink vouchers that are given for three drinks during the normal Diamond lounge cocktail hours that can be used at the bars around the ship (excluding the MDR, Specialty Dining and the Champagne Bar).

I have heard varying reports as to what you can get at the bars vs. the lounge.  I like vodka martini's but the wife will occasionally have a cosmo and I've heard that because there is more that one liquor in it some bars will not serve them with the voucher.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Most ships now let you use them in the MDR.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, miriam said:

I find it very hard to understand that during Happy Hour in Diamond Lounge event, that the only alcohol free drinks on the menu are water or soda.  Have RCCL not got the message that many guests would appreciate i.e Alcohol free lager as an alternative.?

They have coffee, tea, water and soda, Why on earth would they want to serve non-alcoholic beer? It's just not financially smart for RCL to invest money in that area.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:35 PM, Flacruiser99 said:

Most ships now let you use them in the MDR.

I redeemed my drink in the MDR and the waiter didn't understand and ended up charging me. I went to guest relations and it says the charge was placed at 8:55pm. We weren't even in the dining room at that time. From now on, I just go to a bar before heading to the MDR.

21 hours ago, mworkman said:

They have coffee, tea, water and soda, Why on earth would they want to serve non-alcoholic beer? It's just not financially smart for RCL to invest money in that area.

I see where you're coming from but there are varieties of low calorific lagers which  are not cost effective.   Water is available on tap as is tea and coffee , so sweet sodas is the alternative.     We've travelled RCCL for may years and have noticed how limited variety in the Diamond lounge is becoming.