Book now? Or wait?!?!

Oh I’m going nuts refreshing prices over here.  ?First time with RCL and I’m not sure when to pull the trigger.  Is booking just straight on their website when I see a good deal the way to go?  Or are their other places I should compare it to?  I see the 30% off each guest deal and now the double something or other deal that give a tiny bit off room and a tiny bit of onboard credit.  

Also since I’m looking at the Navigator.  Do we think that’ll go up now that it’s been redone and cruising again? 

Any advice is welcome and appreciated!!! Thanks. 

Do you think the economy will go up or down for the remainder of 2019?  In all seriousness though, if the cruise appears to be in your budget and you feel its a good deal and you can spare the deposit money then yes book it.  You can always reprice the cruise if it goes lower up until final payment date so you really arent risking much at all if you are willing to keep an eye on prices.

YES some cruises if not full will go down within say 90 days (after final payment) if they are not filling up as RCL expects.  In these cases you can not ask for a re-price but then again many of us cant wait until 2 weeks out to book a cruise and plan vacation time, airfare etc.

If you like the current price of the refreshment package then buy it.  If the price goes lower, you can cancel and rebook for the cheaper price.  Prices vary by sailings and ships so what one person might pay, your cruise may never drop that low.

Same thing about Navigator, you can reprice a cruise if its before final payment if the price goes lower.  However, in my case the price seems to just go up and rarely do I have any price drops.  I was looking at a cruise over Memorial Day last week and Navigator was significantly cheaper than Mariner which surprised me.  

I got my eye on the navigator (which I know just got a redo) and a cruise with the new cococay, AND it’s over our school February break....so I feel like I’m lucky to find a price of $1660 for our family of four for four nights.  Right?  Should I grab it up?? 

9 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

So they still honor a repricing if I see my cruise go down in price? Even if u don’t do the refundable deposit option?

Yes, even with a NRD they will reprice a cruise to a lower fare.  The only time they will not is if it is past final payment date.

Assuming you are a resident of the United States or Canada, you can book now at whatever the price is and if the cruise fare drops between now and final payment date, you can always cancel and rebook at the new price.

I'd advise you to work with a good travel agent who can greatly assist in this process.

And to add to that..don't ever book it on the Royal site...its almost always the most expensive option and the least incentives. Check around other travel sites or agents as mentioned.

I got burned on my first few cruises....took awhile to figure it out the hard way....

So it’s really worth a travel agent eh?  Is it like I might still pay the same price but get incentives? When I searched for one on the royal site nothing came up in my area.  I really like the ease of booking on my own but if I don’t have to pay agent and you say it’s worth it, maybe I’ll try to find one.  Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Linda216 said:

So it’s really worth a travel agent eh?  Is it like I might still pay the same price but get incentives? When I searched for one on the royal site nothing came up in my area.  I really like the ease of booking on my own but if I don’t have to pay agent and you say it’s worth it, maybe I’ll try to find one.  Thanks! 

You do not pay a travel agent, their commissions come straight from the cruise lines and they can get you the same prices (often times better) than you can find online.

26 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

You do not pay a travel agent, their commissions come straight from the cruise lines and they can get you the same prices (often times better) than you can find online.

You should not pay extra for a travel agents. Some agencies do charge extra, so be sure to get a sense of if they do or not.  In short, @Vancity Cruiser is correct that the cruise line pays them.

Just now, ama537621 said:

Book with a travel agent MEI sponsor's  this site. I booked a cruise recently from rc direct paid in full and have regretted it since. 

Thanks for the support! Just so you know, if you booked with RC directly within the last 60 days, you can transfer it to MEI.

Why use a travel agent?  Here is my newest story.  This cruise we are traveling with my husband's family as a group.  We got an amazing deal, 2400 and change for a spacious balcony for 8 nights for 2, plus 100 OBC and 1 specialty dinner.  My SIL was going to sail with a friend, but they backed out.  She has cruised often, approx. 1x a yr for the last decade, but not loyal to any cruise line, thus she books directly with the cruise line.  So bc of that she called RCCL directly and cancelled her friend, changed it to single, but still the same room.  RCCL cancelled all of her excursions that we were doing as a group. I get a call on a Sunday with here freaking out, and since I am the go to person for the cruise, I contacted our TA that day.  The TA got on the phone with RCCL.  They rebooked everything at the exact same cost (excursions were purchased Black Friday) and on top of that, RCCL threw in a strawberry and champagne welcome gift, plus the bottomless galley brunch too.

We did not pay a dime for the TA.

You should also always book your add-on packages ASAP & watch the prices.  They often drop for no particular reason and you can rebook packages all day long until three days before your cruise.

Case in point:  I just checked my cruise planner five minutes ago and one of the excursions I already booked just dropped by $15.  No sale, no announcement, just randomly cheaper today.