Ray

First Timers Cruising For Dummies Guide..FOTS 25/11/2018

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ray said:

ABC Islands if possible

Ray,

We are booked on the Adventure of the Seas 4/35/2020-5/30/2020 out of Ft.Lauderdale. Itinerary is Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba. We were on those islands last year and they were GREAT! Trip includes four sea days, 2 day to Curacao and 2 days back to Ft. Lauderdale. Hope to see you on board! :27_sunglasses:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for a fun and very entertaining blog, @Ray! I was sipping my stout when I read about the woman at the Schooner Bar; had to fight back a spit take! 😂 Guess the full moon came a little earlier than usual?

Awesome to hear how much your wife enjoyed it and that you'll be having more adventures in the coming years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nay said:

Was your bed comfortable? We will be on 9th deck in Feb. Wondering how beds are

Must admit i sometimes have difficulty sleeping even in my own bed due to bad back pains however on this trip i had no issues what so ever. 

This was probably down to a number of factors, Being tired at the end of a long day, having had a few beers and the bed not being uncomfortable all helped.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Thanks for a fun and very entertaining blog, @Ray! I was sipping my stout when I read about the woman at the Schooner Bar; had to fight back a spit take! 😂 Guess the full moon came a little earlier than usual?

Awesome to hear how much your wife enjoyed it and that you'll be having more adventures in the coming years!

Im just glad they wasnt staying in a GS! Can you imagine her getting concierge to do it for her? 🤣 

I did wonder if they had an upside down pineapple on their door though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rjac said:

Ray,

We are booked on the Adventure of the Seas 4/35/2020-5/30/2020 out of Ft.Lauderdale. Itinerary is Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba. We were on those islands last year and they were GREAT! Trip includes four sea days, 2 day to Curacao and 2 days back to Ft. Lauderdale. Hope to see you on board! :27_sunglasses:

Sounds like a great trip, may be a month to early as its for my wifes birthday and of course shopping in NYC has to be included 😭 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ray said:

(1) Sleeping In JFK Airport - NEVER AGAIN!! Now offically No1 in worst Airports i have visited, only one dunkin Donut stall to cater for 6 terminals during the night. Lesson Learned Next time i will ensure flight times are better and book a hotel

Some credit cards allow you to have airport lounge access.  More comfortable seating, food, drinks and free wifi included.  Some lounges even had showers.  Came in handy when we travelled to Asia.   

I enjoyed reading your blog.  Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jurrjurr said:

Some credit cards allow you to have airport lounge access.  More comfortable seating, food, drinks and free wifi included.  Some lounges even had showers.  Came in handy when we travelled to Asia.   

I enjoyed reading your blog.  Thanks for sharing!

I would normally book a lounge, but guess what? They were also shut lol 

They didnt open until 5am which wasnt any good for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now