corkage fee.

Aureia

No, corkage fee only applies if you bring the bottle outside your room to a venue like the Main Dining Room or a specialty restaurant.

You can request wine glasses for your room, and even a corkscrew if you didn't bring one and the bottle has a real cork, both with no fee. Once you have them there is nothing stopping you from filling a glass in your cabin and then walking out with glass in hand to wander the ship, go to dinner, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wiggles said:

What is the wine limit? Is it per person or per stateroom? 

According to rccl’s alcohol policy: 

Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. 

Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only in their carry-on luggage on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them. Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing, when sailing on consecutive cruises. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.

36 minutes ago, Matt said:

Two bottles per stateroom

@Matt, I have friends cruising next June in Alaska.  They booked 2 cabins, one for them and one for two boys (12 & 16).  Can they take 4 bottles of wine since they have 2 cabins?   Or does the second cabin not count since it just has kids in it?

2 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

@Matt, I have friends cruising next June in Alaska.  They booked 2 cabins, one for them and one for two boys (12 & 16).  Can they take 4 bottles of wine since they have 2 cabins?   Or does the second cabin not count since it just has kids in it?

The guest in each stateroom must be over 21 to consume alcohol and that includes wine. Your kids cannot pack wine or champagne in their carryon but the adults who are over 21 can pack wine or champagne in there carryon but each you can only bring two (2) 750ml bottles of wine or Champagne per stateroom.  

19 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

They booked 2 cabins, one for them and one for two boys (12 & 16).  Can they take 4 bottles of wine since they have 2 cabins?   Or does the second cabin not count since it just has kids in it?

If you have an adult listed (one parent per room)  in each room each adult can bring two but if the kids are only listed then no.

20 hours ago, Dawn T. said:

Probably fine to bring 4.  The rules say 2 bottles per room, and we've brought 4.  Once we got stopped and I showed we had 2 rooms.  They did not check who's in which room, they just saw I had two rooms and then told me to be gone before they drop a house on me too.