drink package discounts

now that i'm having to buy 2 unlimited drink packages, i'm a bit more frugal about it and we've got a 2 couples who are first timers heading out in April with us..  with that in mind,  any idea how often it comes up on sale?    Just want to weigh my options between now and April when we set sail.   not sure at what point a discount is worth jumping in on.    I see folks mentioning black friday deals as low as $43 but didn't know if that was a pipe dream or not.    What is the most common promo or price seen for the package,  20% off ,  $48 or $45 ?     We've got a couple going with us who isn't confident about buying now and canceling and repurchasing if price drops.   Sadly the state of RC website has them gun shy and i'm just looking for a good number for them to jump in on.   thanks!

I think the folks who set the drink packages prices have been testing the drink packages at work.  There is no consistency across the fleet or even for a particular ship. 

I'm not sure if they have some sort of automated revenue management script that adjusts pricing on a per cruise basis based on sales or if someone is drunk or high on something and willy nilly adjusting prices.

I expect a sale July 4th, then Labor Day.  Possibly some surprise sales in between.

As far as cancel and repurchase I do that all the time.  In the cruise planner at the top is "Order History".  From you can cancel anything you previously purchased. 

April is a good bit off.  I have a number of cruises booked and over Black Friday few of them dropped in price (drink package that is).  Follow @Matt on twitter or facebook as he usually posts when ever sales are happening. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Follow @Matt on twitter or facebook as he usually posts when ever sales are happening. 

1 hour ago, tiny260 said:

Black Friday is the best that I have seen (Most of the time), they can always book it and then if it comes up cheaper have them cancel (Credit Card credit) and re-book.

Thanks for the info everyone.  much appreicated

In my own experiences with drink packages, the discounts usually start to appear once your countdown hits double-digits. 20% is a pretty common discount, I've been lucky enough to snag a 25% discount once.

We are sailing in March 2019 on Navigator, and the drinks packages just showed up last night. I got deluxe drinks with 1 device surf and stream VOOM for $61/night. Hoping to see a drop either July 4th or maybe black friday. We've got some time, and I check almost daily .

We do buy and cancel all the time. As the above posts have stated just watch and wait.  Black Friday, other holidays and the out of the blue sales when nobody is watching and they will pop up a sale.  Kind of a snooze and you lose sale. Buy it now and avoid any price increases.  Like most retailers they will raise the price of the merchandise and then hold a sale.  

16 minutes ago, MikeK said:

The drink package is at $50 but since I dont drink anymore I dont know if thats a good price.

It's a good price in the sense it is going to be cheaper than the price onboard the ship.