All inclusive drinks package from current sale

MattHird

Where did you book all inclusive including drinks?   Normally you book a cruise then things like specialty dinners or beverage packages are added.  Certain balconies come with perks like a bottle of wine.   Grand Suites and above have access to a suite lounge with some free drinks.  Sometimes a travel agency will include extras.    If a travel agency offered those bundled in you should discuss it with your travel agency.  

2 hours ago, MattHird said:

Hi, just booked a trip including Oasis cruise with the current offer of all inclusive drinks package for balcony and above. I can’t find any reference to the drinks in the RC cruise planner, should this be shown anywhere? 

What is your question exactly? Are you looking for what drinks are included with the deluxe package? If so then your package includes: regular alcoholic beverages, specialty coffees, juices, smoothies (no protein powder), and bottled water. Drink menu varies by location. 

14 minutes ago, MattHird said:

Sabrinaklai, no it wasn’t about what drinks were included it was because I couldn’t see anywhere in the cruise planner showing that I had the drinks package. 

Not sure why you don’t get any of these offers, maybe they are trying to get more UK customers!??

Usually only things that are "purchased" show up on your cruise planner. If yours is included check your actual booking confirmation. There should be a code on there referring to it. Or if you booked it directly yourself, then it would probably show up on your cost breakdown when you log in to "view my reservations", that's not the same as the cruise planner. 

2 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That's a pretty good deal.  How come we can't get a deal like that in North America?!  All we get is the usual instant savings...blah blah blah...?

I can only guess that RC has less trouble selling the drink packages a la carte in North America than they are currently having in the UK, or they are trying to fill up cabins by enticing with the DP.

4 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

That's a pretty good deal.  How come we can't get a deal like that in North America?!  All we get is the usual instant savings...blah blah blah...?

Pretty sure you don't want to pay UK's prices.  They often pay much higher rates than those of us in North America.

it wont be on your cruise planner as such, go onto cruise documents and check details it should be added onto there in the fine print. your receipt will show drinks package added as a cost then deducted as a promotion, then  further down it will say all inclusive as an included item. 

i had same issue and called RC to check it, i dont advise calling RC in the UK as calls are charged and i done it from mobile, £20 for a 5 minute call

4 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

Pretty sure you don't want to pay UK's prices.  They often pay much higher rates than those of us in North America.

we do :(  not just the cost of cruise but also getting there! 

Also once its booked thats it, we cant go back and get a better deal if one is advertised a month after booking

So they throw in the drinks package to temp us, as they know us brits will get our monies worth at the bar lol

Using VPN technology I presented one computer in the UK while using a second computer in the US. 

For the Symphony Transatlantic 12 night cruise in October 2018 I made a simulated booking in each country for a 6D balcony cabin, no C&A rates, assuming two guests.  I'm booked on this cruise which allows me to see cruise planner pricing for this exact cruise on the US site.

For the US site I am using the non-refundable rate since it is more comparable.  The refundable US rates adds between $200-$250 more per person.

UK - £4,018. Price includes gratuity and beverage package.  Deposit required today £300.

Total price with gratuity and beverage package £4,018.10

US - $3,628.00 with $100 on board credit.  Effective price $3,528.00.  Gratuity @ $14.50 pppd = $348.  Drink package for two $1,189.  Deposit required today $900.

Total price with gratuity and drink package $5,065.00

Exchange rates are a little tricky to calculate fairly or realistically based on buy versus sell, wholesale versus consumer rates, however according to Google at this moment:

4018 British Pound equals 5430.33 US Dollar

while 

5605 US Dollar equals 4147.25 British Pound

On the surface it seems like the UK pricing is a better deal with lower deposit requirements however with exchange rate variability some of the difference could be negligible.

Adding more guests to the cabin and it would seem the UK site is even better since drink packages and gratuity are not stated to apply only to the first two guests while in the US additional purchases would need to be made to have all guests enjoy them.  For four adults in a cabin in the US this represents another $1,189 drinks + $348 gratuity for a total of $1,537 more before considering the base fares.

Simulated booking with four adults in a 7D balcony cabin:

UK - £5,380, deposit £600.

US - $5,077, deposit $1,800 plus $2,378 for beverage packages and $696 gratuity for a total of $8,151.

Note - new beverage package policy requires all adults in cabin to purchase the drink package if any one does. So either no one gets it or everyone does at a cost of $2,378 for a cabin of four on this 12 night sailing.

This appears to make the UK promo a much better deal.

Side note - I like the presentation of the UK site, it's very different from the US site.

Details of UK offer:

5a48e4bf2efda_UKoffer.jpeg.4375bbea0c551187c6205b01d9a5361d.jpeg

The All Inclusive promotion includes the Deluxe Drinks Package for adults or the Classic Soda Package for persons under the applicable drinking age. A guest’s age will be determined at the time of boarding. Applicable to Europe, Caribbean and Transatlantics sailing in 2018 only.

Lastly - the US beverage package pricing above assumes advance purchases are made.  Buying it on board would add another 20% to the cost of the beverage packages.

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

Using VPN technology I presented one computer in the UK while using a second computer in the US. 

For the Symphony Transatlantic 12 night cruise in October 2018 I made a simulated booking in each country for a 6D balcony cabin, no C&A rates, assuming two guests.  I'm booked on this cruise which allows me to see cruise planner pricing for this exact cruise on the US site

Yeah, no one gets to tease me about my levels of detail diving any more. That’s WAY more effort than I’m willing to put in. ??

2 hours ago, twangster said:

UK - £4,018. Price includes gratuity and beverage package.  Deposit required today £300.

Total price with gratuity and beverage package £4,018.10

US - $3,628.00 with $100 on board credit.  Effective price $3,528.00.  Gratuity @ $14.50 pppd = $348.  Drink package for two $1,189.  Deposit required today $900.

Total price with gratuity and drink package $5,065.00

Exchange rates are a little tricky to calculate fairly or realistically based on buy versus sell, wholesale versus consumer rates, however according to Google at this moment:

4018 British Pound equals 5430.33 US Dollar

while 

5605 US Dollar equals 4147.25 British Pound

Was the sailing you quoted $5605USD or $5065USD?  I did a quick search (didn't see any 6Ds remaining) and I got roughly $5200 (didn't calculate exactly) but just wanted clarity since you have two different prices listed.

I don't doubt that you'll find some examples of UK pricing being more favorable - few things in life are absolute.  This is however more likely an exception than a rule unless something has drastically changed.  

One interesting thing to note is that NCL includes drink packages in ALL bookings made from the UK (not just sailing from the UK, but any UK bookings for any sailing).

3 minutes ago, monorailmedic said:

Was the sailing you quoted $5605USD or $5065USD?  I did a quick search (didn't see any 6Ds remaining) and I got roughly $5200 (didn't calculate exactly) but just wanted clarity since you have two different prices listed.

Good catch, my mistake.  $5,065

5065 US Dollar equals 3747.69 British Pound

So for just two people US pricing seems better but for four UK pricing seems better.  Depending if you are buying or selling in the conversion or what credit card companies are charging these days.

the main difference i would imagine is the cost to get to these cruises, it must be great to stay just a short drive from ports so there is no additional cost.

the additional cost of flights can be more than the cruise itself, RC quoted me £1200 pp to fly from uk to san juan, cruise only cost £900 pp 

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

To the original question, perks offered by RC are not listed in Cruise Planner to see.  Just like if you book a Boardwalk balcony, the free soda package isnt listed anywhere but on your reservation.

Just now, MattHird said:

Thank you, that may be why I can’t see it listed anywhere. 

3 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Yeah, no one gets to tease me about my levels of detail diving any more. That’s WAY more effort than I’m willing to put in. ??

OMG! @JLMoran, I thought of you immediately as I read and then got lost halfway through @twangster's post above.  I was thinking, "Someone crunches numbers way more than Joe." lol