New to me...need money on account with Drink Package

michelle

Okay all - have a client that came back from Anthem.  He had a drink package (pre-purchased)
but did not put down any credit cards on account.  Told them he's put down cash if needed
You are allowed to go up to $300 in spending before they look for $$ or card.

Anyway- they locked his account Day 1 - told him since he had the Drink Package on the
account, he had to have at least .01 cent down on account to make it active?   so he put
down $1.  

Anyone else heard of this happening? 

Thanks

As a programmer myself I can guess what is happening here and yes it sounds like an IT problem.  My guess (without actually seeing their code)....The bartender rings up the drink, the computer BEFORE hitting the "Drink Package" flag hits a flag saying "no available spending account" and rejects the order, when in reality it should check the drink package flag first.  Maybe when i retire (in 10 years) , RC can hire me to rewrite their software......from the deck of Liberty of course.....while tossing back margaritas....

3 hours ago, jce2 said:

Maybe when i retire (in 10 years) , RC can hire me to rewrite their software......from the deck of Liberty of course.....while tossing back margaritas....

Only if I don’t beat you to it and become the next “Super Mario”... umm... “Super Giuseppe”? “Joey”? “That IT dude”?

??

On 10/19/2017 at 10:32 AM, jce2 said:

Maybe when i retire (in 10 years) , RC can hire me to rewrite their software......from the deck of Liberty of course.....while tossing back margaritas....

As an IT professional the only responsible thing is to thoroughly test your code in a real-world environment. I admire your sacrifice in being willing to do your own user acceptance testing..... :5_smiley:

17 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

lol, I wish I was a coder so I could join this "RC website redevelopment team".

We are always looking for people to join our team of dedicated testers. :5_smiley: . It won't be easy, hour upon hour of field work toughing it out in the sun as you order drink after drink at the bar.... I'm not sure everyone has what it takes :5_smiley:

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, jce2 said:

As a programmer myself I can guess what is happening here and yes it sounds like an IT problem.  My guess (without actually seeing their code)....The bartender rings up the drink, the computer BEFORE hitting the "Drink Package" flag hits a flag saying "no available spending account" and rejects the order, when in reality it should check the drink package flag first.  Maybe when i retire (in 10 years) , RC can hire me to rewrite their software......from the deck of Liberty of course.....while tossing back margaritas....

awesome - its just crazy to me that it kicked it out while they were first sitting at dinner and client had to get
up and go to Guest Services to fix it from dining room - ugh