Celebrity cruises

14 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Do some of the "elite" benefits have a cost?  Captains club wine tasting?  Backstage tour?  Sneak Peek of Wonder at Eden?

First timers on Celebrity...2 cruises booked next year.

I don't know for certain about the others, but the Captains Club wine tasting was no charge (reservation still required, though).

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Is the wine tasting even worth it? 

Four decent sized, reasonably high quality pours for free? Absolutely. The sommelier leading the one I attended did an excellent job explaining and helping those in attendance understand the aroma wheel (an underappreciated aspect of enjoying wine).

It also didn't hurt that I was at a table set for six that only had four people so I got extra. 🍷

7 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Four decent sized, reasonably high quality pours for free? Absolutely. The sommelier leading the one I attended did an excellent job explaining and helping those in attendance understand the aroma wheel (an underappreciated aspect of enjoying wine).

It also didn't hurt that I was at a table set for six that only had four people so I got extra. 🍷

Good. I'd worry you'd get a couple skimpy 1 ounce pours and not even net a single full glass.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Good. I'd worry you'd get a couple skimpy 1 ounce pours and not even net a single full glass.

FTR - the various tastings available for purchase are definitely worth the cost, especially if you buy them in advance.

The most unusual tasting was the "Bourbon and Bacon" tasting - it was interesting to hear the others at the tasting conversing about bourbons the way I'm able to speak about wine. 

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

FTR - the various tastings available for purchase are definitely worth the cost, especially if you buy them in advance.

The most unusual tasting was the "Bourbon and Bacon" tasting - it was interesting to hear the others at the tasting conversing about bourbons the way I'm able to speak about wine. 

We especially liked the scotch tasting. Various ages and casks were shown. In fairness, this was in the evening of a port day. We had consumed a couple of cocktails and wine with dinner. My wife faded early in the tasting. We enjoyed it anyway.