OBC after you booked?

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

It looks like the new offers say for new reservations only. 

I didn't see that but figured that, thanks. Darn that's nice OBC. I guess Royal is thinking they booked early and fire a much cheaper rate. 

9 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I didn't see that but figured that, thanks. Darn that's nice OBC. I guess Royal is thinking they booked early and fire a much cheaper rate. 

You're not missing much. Royal has been alternating these sales that include OBC with the normal sales that don't. For the most part, when they offer OBC, the prices go up so there's usually not much (if any) of a net gain.

Yeah, I would compare the price difference between what you paid versus the cost to rebook with the OBC factored in. I have a cruise that I booked in February 2023 for December that is now twice the cost what I paid. Now if RC wants to throw down a few grand in OBC…I’ll certainly consider rebooking! Even if you booked last week, the net gain, if any, would be minimal as they would just build that OBC into the cost of the cruise. Don’t lose sleep over it. I’m willing to bet you are coming out significantly ahead if you booked a year ago!

2 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Yeah, I would compare the price difference between what you paid versus the cost to rebook with the OBC factored in. I have a cruise that I booked in February 2023 for December that is now twice the cost what I paid. Now if RC wants to throw down a few grand in OBC…I’ll certainly consider rebooking! Even if you booked last week, the net gain, if any, would be minimal as they would just build that OBC into the cost of the cruise. Don’t lose sleep over it. I’m willing to bet you are coming out significantly ahead if you booked a year ago!

Oh yeah rebooking is a no go, no way. It's way, way more expensive now. I thought maybe there was a kinda honor thing like when they honor a price drop. I'm good and we have an awesome room that we always were curious about.

@RCIfan1912 You have to look at the OBC and the cruise price as your “price”. The total price didn’t go down, it went up which is why you don’t want to rebook. These two things are tied together, not separate. Had the total price of the cruise gone down, they absolutely would let you rebook at the lower price with the OBC. 

Also don’t be surprised if the OBC being offered for your cabin class is less than the advertised amount. 
in the U.K. we frequently get “OBC of up to x” and if you aren’t in the top of the range suite you will get a number well below x

On 4/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

I said rebooking is not an option. A reprice isn't technically a "rebook" is it? I'm just saying it'd be nice to get the OBC offered now kinda like when they honor a price drop. I'm not rebooking that's for sure. 

It's always repriced at prevailing rate, so that's the same as rebooking in terms of price. I don't disagree with you for your sentiment, but that's not how Royal sees it. The promos are meant to drive up new bookings. 

One of my bookings just offered 600.00 OBC. When I ghost booked the cabin with all of the "discounts" that included the OBC the sailing was 1600.00 more, so essentially I would be paying for my own OBC. It's taken years but I finally figured it out. As sailings move forward and book up the "discounts" and "specials" are eye catching for sure, but not once has my out of pocket original cost become less. (after Royal come back was well under way) Book early and often, LOL!!  Seriously, they raise prices and then slip in the "specials" so nothing special about it. 

I'm sure if a sailing albeit ship/itinerary isn't doing well there may be a deal BUT I'm sure those are few & far between. 

I used to bother @Sharla every time I saw one of these, I'm not sure how in the heck she kept reading my emails.....🤦‍♀️🤣