Not going to argue good old days, but recent changes that I see, seem positive. 

The two changes I am aware of, the pinnacle "friends and families" and also the shared status with sister companies all seem positive.   Where are people saying how much has been taken away this year.  Am I  missing something?

If you liked the 90's or 80's even, buy a DeLorean!  We can't go back and it is what it is!

Thoughts?

27 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Now they should just merge the Celebrity and Royal programs. Earn points on either for one program with the same benefits. That's just my opinion though. 

That would be great if the merger included the BEST benefits of both programs but what if they opted for the lesser of similar benefits? Be careful what you wish for.

31 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Now they should just merge the Celebrity and Royal programs. Earn points on either for one program with the same benefits. That's just my opinion though. 

It does seem they're moving that way. I suspect long term RCG wants to position RCCL in the same space as DCL in mass market plus space and have Celebrity act as their line for people looking for a classicish cruising experience. Keeping the programs together would further help with cross brand retention. 

That would be great if the merger included the BEST benefits of both programs but what if they opted for the lesser of similar benefits? Be careful what you wish for.

I could see a reduction in drink vouchers with the merger and the cost of the drink covered increased by a few dollars. I could also see their not being any changes as hotel programs can have different benifits depending on the hotel brand.

14 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

That would be so Royal Caribbean wouldn't it? ☹️🤣

If they were to merge, how would they handle a cruiser with significant amounts of points in both programs? 

For example, I am Diamond Plus on Royal and almost Elite Plus on Celebrity.

Would I stay second level in both programs and gain very little or add them together and all of a sudden I am or almost am Pinnacle?

I dunno.

8 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

If they were to merge, how would they handle a cruiser with significant amounts of points in both programs? 

For example, I am Diamond Plus on Royal and almost Elite Plus on Celebrity.

Would I stay second level in both programs and gain very little or add them together and all of a sudden I am or almost am Pinnacle?

I dunno.

That's definitely an interesting question and dilemma. 

Are they merging programs? Or just expanding how you can accrue points? Sail on Celebrity and those points count towards your C&A total and vice versa.

I can see a path where they want to encourage some C&A points chasers or disgruntled but point-sensitive pinnacles to fill ships on Celebrity and help fix the good problem they have in massive demand for RC ships.