Serenade Dry Dock?

After her drydock, there will be a 4nt, 7nt, then 10nt.  I'll be on the 10 so I've been curious about this too.  

As far as I can tell it will be mostly a marine maintenance drydock (required every 5 years) with no major changes to the hotel side except general repairs and replacements.    

I did 11 on her last November and it was a blast.  Radiance class has always been my favorite ;)

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, PRC said:

After her drydock, there will be a 4nt, 7nt, then 10nt.  I'll be on the 10 so I've been curious about this too.  

As far as I can tell it will be mostly a marine maintenance drydock (required every 5 years) with no major changes to the hotel side except general repairs and replacements.    

I did 11 on her last November and it was a blast.  Radiance class has always been my favorite ;)

First time cruise for us. Only 29 days away! Seems like a great ship both in size and ratings for first timers like us.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 8:56 PM, PRC said:

I'm about 99% certain we'll be on the Nov 19, 2018 11 day sailing next year.  There is a group of rum-enthusiasts I belong to that did a sailing on Adventure in 2016, and are planning one on Serenade next year. :)

On 8/31/2017 at 8:56 PM, PRC said:

Sounds exactly what they did with Grandeur earlier this year ..... mostly internal, below the water line, things done ...... The one thing that I noticed when I was on her a few weeks ago, a new paint job.  Outside of that, no real changes from what I could see.  I would assume the same will probably be the case for Serenade.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:25 PM, bcarney said:

I'm about 99% certain we'll be on the Nov 19, 2018 11 day sailing next year.  There is a group of rum-enthusiasts I belong to that did a sailing on Adventure in 2016, and are planning one on Serenade next year. :)

We'll be on her 12 night repo October 28, 2018.  We'll take good care of her for ya! 

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 7:38 AM, coneyraven said:

Sounds exactly what they did with Grandeur earlier this year ..... mostly internal, below the water line, things done ...... The one thing that I noticed when I was on her a few weeks ago, a new paint job.  Outside of that, no real changes from what I could see.  I would assume the same will probably be the case for Serenade.

Just got off Serenade last week. Although she's headed into dry dock, I think she is in great shape. Talking to the crew on board, they are scheduled for an 11 day dock, I believe in the Bahamas. Mostly cosmetic. Paint, carpet, maybe furniture, etc. I asked our server in Giovanni's if she was excited for it. She said no. The crew still has to work while in dry dock. The outside work crew is housed on board, so they still have to work, feeding them, cleaning the cabins they stay in etc. They also turn off the A/C at night to save money I guess, so a lot of the crew has been known to sleep out on the deck at night to escape the heat. She also said that the dry dock is not built into there contracts, so they basically don't get paid for it.

7 minutes ago, FManke said:

Just got off Serenade last week. Although she's headed into dry dock, I think she is in great shape. Talking to the crew on board, they are scheduled for an 11 day dock, I believe in the Bahamas. Mostly cosmetic. Paint, carpet, maybe furniture, etc. I asked our server in Giovanni's if she was excited for it. She said no. The crew still has to work while in dry dock. The outside work crew is housed on board, so they still have to work, feeding them, cleaning the cabins they stay in etc. They also turn off the A/C at night to save money I guess, so a lot of the crew has been known to sleep out on the deck at night to escape the heat. She also said that the dry dock is not built into there contracts, so they basically don't get paid for it.

That sounds terrible...