Suite for 3 with bedroom door?

Not 100% sure, but i feel like It have to be a 2 bedroom grand suite or above to get a door.  The Panoramic family suite has a seperate room with bunk beds but has a privacy curtain on that doorway.  2 Connecting rooms would have a doorway between that can be opened and closed.  Some suites only have one bathroom so connecting rooms would give you the 2nd one.  

Almost no staterooms have a private bedroom.  As noted above, there are a few staterooms that have a cubby hole where some bunk beds are located and some of the high end suites (but even very few of those) have a private bedroom.  I know the Radiance class has some cabins in the very front of the ship that have a cubby hole second bedroom.  This is where a good travel agent could really help.  I would bet there aren't more than a handful of cabins in the whole fleet that have a separate bedroom and most of those are going to be very pricey.

The 2BR GS will have bedrooms with doors but in most cases, it might come out better financially to do two balconies, interiors or combination of the two. You have to weigh whether the suite perks are worth it to you. 

We stayed in a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite on Allure this past January.  2 separate bedrooms, each with their own doors for privacy and a shared common living area.  Master bedroom had a full tub bathroom and the main living area had a separate bathroom with a typical standup shower.  As an added bonus it had a private jacuzzi on the balcony.  It worked well because we had 4 adults and a 2-year-old in the suite.  The extra living area was a godsend because the little one had space to move around and play. We did not have to move between rooms as we took turns entertaining the little one.

With my older kids, we just get two balcony rooms.  I would probably still do this, even with just one kid.  Royal allows it if the parents are next door or across the hall.  It is still a lot cheaper than getting a single suite with bedroom doors.  Also, if you get balconies, you can request to have rooms side-by-side and have the balcony partition removed, letting you move freely between the two rooms.  This is probably still a lot more cost effective than a suite unless you are just looking for the suite life and its perks.

Thanks all.  Not really what I was hoping for.  As a large family of 6 we’ve stayed in 2 br GS, connecting jr suites, 2 adjoining ovb and even an ovb and interior directly across.  Soon we will be down to a single child living at home and we are looking at other vacations and seeing what makes the most sense and unfortunately that may not be a cruise.

I agree with you that a lack of diversity in room offerings with true separation for families is a challenge for us too. Recently we stayed in a grand panoramic suite which are on Oasis and Allure which was lovely and almost has a door, but the top of the room is still open, so light and sound can go through into the living room. 

I remember watching one of Harr travel video's and seeing a one bedrooms with door. Rremember him talking about it being a curtain door on previous ships being changed to real door on that ship and give extra privacy from those staying on the sofa. I just don't remember which ship(s). 

1 hour ago, tjcruisers said:

I remember watching one of Harr travel video's and seeing a one bedrooms with door. Rremember him talking about it being a curtain door on previous ships being changed to real door on that ship and give extra privacy from those staying on the sofa. I just don't remember which ship(s). 

If it comes back to you, try to come back here!  Our next couple cruises are fine but it’s fall of 2025 when I’ll have a single kid.  They grow up too fast.  

3 hours ago, melski94 said:

If it comes back to you, try to come back here!  Our next couple cruises are fine but it’s fall of 2025 when I’ll have a single kid.  They grow up too fast.  

I had to go back an watch some of his video's 🙂  Found one he did on the Wonder of the Seas where the owners suite has replaced the curtains with a pocket door (not sure if that was the one I thinking of though)

The rooming situation on the suites is actually a real bummer if you're not a couple of family with non-adult children. My mom and I kinda ran into this as we consider bringing one of my adult friends along (her spouse is very adamantly not leaving land 😅). Because she is family in spirit but not blood, and a fully grown adult worthy of her own semi-privacy, I wanted to get a suite that would give her her own real bed in an area that was either closed off OR, a suite with a pull out sofa that is not at risk of being disturbed if one walks by. I looked at the crown loft suites thinking they'd be good only to see that for all that space, there's only 1 traditional king bed (doesn't look like it splits) and that the sofa bed doesn't have any way of being curtained off. It almost seems like we'd have to get a 2 bedroom suite or force one of us to pay a solo subsidy T_T

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I looked at the crown loft suites thinking they'd be good only to see that for all that space, there's only 1 traditional king bed (doesn't look like it splits) and that the sofa bed doesn't have any way of being curtained off.

The beds do split in the Crown Loft suites, but there is no privacy at all for the sofa bed downstairs.

On 3/18/2024 at 10:22 AM, AshleyDillo said:

The beds do split in the Crown Loft suites, but there is no privacy at all for the sofa bed downstairs.

good to know! When I do the virtual tour online it just says "king bed" instead of "royal king" and even in the room details it doesn't say "a royal king bed that converts to two twins" like most listings....feels like they're hiding it lol