Has The Hyperlink (Ages 18-25) Been Updated With New Ages Yet?

I always thought when they introduced ages 18-25 that it would be pretty weird. Mixing underage drinkers with drinkers doesn't make sense, neither does have 24 and 25 year old men chasing after 18 and 19 year old girls.

Did Royal Caribbean finally update this to separate the ages more? 18-20 would be more appropriate in my mind.

I do also understand 18-20 would be very niche, so there's that also.

Anyone with children had experiences with the hyperlink meetups? What were your kids thoughts?

What is Hyperlink?  I am frustrated because my son is 18 but autistic.  He is still a teenager in every sense of the word but can't go to the teen club.  He is an only child and has no friends and wants to make some, I am afraid he is going to just be stuck with us, I want him to get out more and have fun with others his age on the ship.

2 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

What is Hyperlink?  I am frustrated because my son is 18 but autistic.  He is still a teenager in every sense of the word but can't go to the teen club.  He is an only child and has no friends and wants to make some, I am afraid he is going to just be stuck with us, I want him to get out more and have fun with others his age on the ship.

Hyperlink is a name they use for some activities planned for 18-25 year olds. A lot of times that after teen but not quite "old" age group feels a little forgotten so Royal has a few meetups and activities labeled as "Hyperlink" to try to bring that age group together for some games and social time. 

9 hours ago, xps15z said:

I always thought when they introduced ages 18-25 that it would be pretty weird. Mixing underage drinkers with drinkers doesn't make sense, neither does have 24 and 25 year old men chasing after 18 and 19 year old girls.

Did Royal Caribbean finally update this to separate the ages more? 18-20 would be more appropriate in my mind.

I do also understand 18-20 would be very niche, so there's that also.

Anyone with children had experiences with the hyperlink meetups? What were your kids thoughts?

I had the same question and asked royal caribbean about it a long time ago.

When the age limit was first implemented they struggled with the right balance of ages since majority of the world the legal drinking age was 18.

They basically just made 18 as a placeholder which heavily depends on where the cruise was traveling to abide by country laws.

11 minutes ago, Austin said:

Those ages are no different than what you would see on an average college campus. I doubt Royal would change it and I doubt they have a very good turnout for these events.

Agreed. Personally, I find the US drinking age being 21 instead of 18 far more "weird" than having 18-25 year old hang out together on a cruise. 18 = legal adult in the US.

My 24 year old son appreciated the Hyperlink activities on our last cruise.  He was there w/ his 15, 16 and 17 year old brothers and it gave him a chance to meet people his own age.  It wasn't a place for hooking up or hitting on people.  He also attends a young adult group at our church for 18-30 year olds.  It is perfectly normal to group 18-25 year olds together.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

Intermixed 18-25 yr olds is basically any college party.

And like in college the under 21 year olds know not to ask the over 21’s to buy them alcohol. 
“Hey Mister” remains unspoken on a Royal ship.

21 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

Maybe try Autism on the Seas?

https://autismontheseas.com