Diamond Drinks and Star Class Conundrum

Hi All,  I am trying to figure out the best solution to the following situation and would welcome insight!  Hubby and I are D+, but we do not drink thus we spend our D+ drinks on things like bottles of sparkling water (I know . . . highly exciting).  We have a Star Class cabin for us, one of our kids and spouse, and two grandkids (who are tots).  We have an adjoining CLS with another kid and spouse.  Kids and spouses do drink, but are not Diamond. Thus, we have two adults with 5 drinks a day in Star Class who do not drink (and never use all of our D+ drinks even when not in Star), and two adults with no drinks in a CLS.  I am the organizer and deal with the Genie, so I'm thinking that I kind of need to stay in the Star suite.  

Should I:  (a) switch son and Hubby on the reservation; (b) switch son and DIL for husband and me on the reservation (I do not even know if I can do this); or (c) hope for the best given that we have the Royal loft and adjoining CLS and my experience has been that Genies and others have been fairly accommodating about kids using my D+ vouchers in the past.  I already reserved the UDP for CLS kids and it is now more expensive.  So, I'm thinking that I would need to cancel that and change the UDP person/people if I change the cabin assignments but this is still less than a drink package.

Thoughts would be appreciated!

Hmmm... Well how much are they going to drink? 

Having the drinkers in the star class room is going to give them unlimited drinks everywhere....vs just the lounge and the 5 vouchers. Pls seems you would need to be with them to buy them the voucher drinks.

I would put those that are going to be drinking the most in the star class suite if at all possible. 

We travel in this exact same scenario with our family - 3 generations.  We've done it numerous times in the Royal Loft connecting to a Crown Loft and have also done the Grand Panoramic connected to a Crown Loft.   For best use of what comes with the Royal Loft (Star class), we put two kids in the Crown Loft and the adults and remaining kids in the Royal Loft.  This way, all the adults get the drink package and the unlimited dining package.  The only thing we have left to purchase is the UDP for the kids, which is substantially cheaper than if purchasing for an adult.  My in laws sleep in the Crown Loft and me, my wife and my kids sleep in the Royal Loft.  We are a closer family and don't mind this set up.  The room steward and genie have been fully supportive of us just telling them who is sleeping where. 

10 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

Thanks, all!  I did not realize you could share vouchers.  That solves the whole issue!

CAS voucher drinks can be shared but you'll need to order the drink and tell the waitstaff or bartender that you want to use a diamond voucher for their drink.  Since you have the drink package from being Star it is important to tell them to use a diamond voucher otherwise it appears you are suggesting to share drink package drinks with them which is not allowed. 

The point is you need to be present to order the drink, you can't transfer vouchers.  They can't order their own drinks with them.  That may not always be convenient.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

CAS voucher drinks can be shared but you'll need to order the drink and tell the waitstaff or bartender that you want to use a diamond voucher for their drink. 

Is that an official thing by Royal? That Diamond drink vouchers can be shared? I only ask because I have never thought to share mine (since we all have 5), but just a few days ago on Icon, I watched as one person told the bar staff they were using their D voucher for their friend's drink and the bar staff did not seem to care one bit. Then, this thread got me thinking because I do have a sailing next year with part of my group not in Star, but I will be in Star. So if I am not breaking any rules by sharing my D+ vouchers with them, that would be fantastic.

53 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Is that an official thing by Royal? That Diamond drink vouchers can be shared? I only ask because I have never thought to share mine (since we all have 5), but just a few days ago on Icon, I watched as one person told the bar staff they were using their D voucher for their friend's drink and the bar staff did not seem to care one bit. Then, this thread got me thinking because I do have a sailing next year with part of my group not in Star, but I will be in Star. So if I am not breaking any rules by sharing my D+ vouchers with them, that would be fantastic.

Yes, it's been officially blessed and frequently tested on group cruises. 😀