Wow bands?

Heard about wow bands (I will be on Symphony of the seas to the Bahamas)

Are they still used?

Are they water proof?  (Can be used on the water slides?)  Do they have my drink package on it?  Does it work on coco cay?

They open the door to my stateroom?

Just seem a lot easier than risk losing a card especially in the pool area or something, especially with a special needs kid as well.

Yes you can use it for drink package including Coco Cay.

HOWEVER beware they come in limited colors.  You must take it off if you hand it to an attendant at a pool or such.  Example, you are on a lounger and an attendant comes by to take your drink order.  Just like the sea pass that has your picture on it you must hand over the band who h has no picture.

The wowbands that are provided onboard can be used instead of carrying the traditional sea pass cards. However, please note that they cannot be used to get on and off the ship. For that purpose, you will still need to use your sea pass card. 

These wowbands are water-resistant and can be used on a perfect day at Cococay. They are primarily used to open the stateroom door, but they do not display the drink package you purchased before the cruise, unlike the sea pass card. 

All the purchases made on the cruise planner, including the drink packages, will be listed on the individual sea pass card and account for the person who has that package. Therefore, it is essential to carry your sea pass card with you at all times to access the various amenities and services onboard.

22 hours ago, Bakerette said:

The wowbands that are provided onboard can be used instead of carrying the traditional sea pass cards. However, please note that they cannot be used to get on and off the ship. For that purpose, you will still need to use your sea pass card. 

These wowbands are water-resistant and can be used on a perfect day at Cococay. They are primarily used to open the stateroom door, but they do not display the drink package you purchased before the cruise, unlike the sea pass card. 

All the purchases made on the cruise planner, including the drink packages, will be listed on the individual sea pass card and account for the person who has that package. Therefore, it is essential to carry your sea pass card with you at all times to access the various amenities and services onboard.

23 hours ago, Pima1988 said:

Yes you can use it for drink package including Coco Cay.

HOWEVER beware they come in limited colors.  You must take it off if you hand it to an attendant at a pool or such.  Example, you are on a lounger and an attendant comes by to take your drink order.  Just like the sea pass that has your picture on it you must hand over the band who h has no picture.

I am confused now.  One person says the wow bands can be used with drink packages and then someone says they can’t.  

51 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

I am confused now.  One person says the wow bands can be used with drink packages and then someone says they can’t.  

They can. The drink package is attached to your onboard account. The WOW band acts just like your SeaPass card would. It won't be printed on the WOW band like it will on your SeaPass but it will show when they put it on the reader. You can use them to order drinks at CocoCay but you need the card to get off the ship.

6 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

The point is they aren't as convenient as they sound.  If you have to take the band off to pay for a drink, they aren't really a better option, just a different option.

And you have to PAY for them while the Sea Pass card is included in your cruise fare.

12 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

The point is they aren't as convenient as they sound.  If you have to take the band off to pay for a drink, they aren't really a better option, just a different option.

12 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

And you have to PAY for them while the Sea Pass card is included in your cruise fare.

Just thought it would be easier to use while at the water slides or something instead of trying to hold onto a card.

7 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

Just thought it would be easier to use while at the water slides or something instead of trying to hold onto a card.

Maybe it's just how you are phrasing it that strikes me as odd, but neither the band or the card are used in any way while on the water slides.  Both are only used for opening your cabin door and paying for things.  Both can get wet so they are safe to carry on the slide, but you can also just leave them on your lounge chair with the rest of your belongings.  In my opinion, the only situation where the band is notably better than the card is when your hands are full while walking up to your cabin door.  Then the band can get the door unlocked as long as you can lean on the handle to get the door open.  Beyond that, it's a toss up.

20 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

You only have to take them off if you are using a server...which we rarely do anyway. If you approach a bar, most of them will have a little pad you tap the band on and you're done. 

23 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Maybe it's just how you are phrasing it that strikes me as odd, but neither the band or the card are used in any way while on the water slides.  Both are only used for opening your cabin door and paying for things.  Both can get wet so they are safe to carry on the slide, but you can also just leave them on your lounge chair with the rest of your belongings.  In my opinion, the only situation where the band is notably better than the card is when your hands are full while walking up to your cabin door.  Then the band can get the door unlocked as long as you can lean on the handle to get the door open.  Beyond that, it's a toss up.

I know I don't need the things to USE the waterslides and pool are just wasn't sure where to put the seapass card or risk someone accidentally take the wrong card or something.  I get anxious easily and just thought having the band on my body as opposed to leaving a card somewhere and "hoping" someone doesn't take it

We used them on Wonder in October and really liked them.  They worked fine.  My favorite use was coming back to the stateroom with my hands full (usually two cups of coffee) - just tap your wrist.

i’ve seen people on this blog report they are discontinued.  I guess I’ll find out Saturday on Icon.

On 1/21/2024 at 6:58 PM, Minuet888 said:

Heard about wow bands (I will be on Symphony of the seas to the Bahamas)

Are they still used?

Are they water proof?  (Can be used on the water slides?)  Do they have my drink package on it?  Does it work on coco cay?

They open the door to my stateroom?

Just seem a lot easier than risk losing a card especially in the pool area or something, especially with a special needs kid as well.

I have a special needs child as well (age 11) and I was thinking about getting him a band as well. Then I realized that he won't be without an adult so paying $5 for one might be pointless. The biggest bonus I can see is if you are on a sea day and aren't going to be paying for anything, you can just wear it to the pool or out and about and don't have to worry about your card. You do have to have your Seapass card to get you on and off the ship. The card having your name/picture/and drink package listed will help with confusion and make sure you don't end up with someone else's card or vise versa. The bands come in different colors but nothing on it says who it belongs to so there could easily be a mix up if you give it to the attendant to pay for something. For ease of just going in and out of your room then it's great, but other than that I'm not sure of the perks.