Cozumel in view

tonyfsu21

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Visiting Cozumel today and Nachi Cocum with the family on Wonder.

Hope you enjoy it more than we did last month. It was our first trip and the food and drink were very underwhelming. No problem with the relaxing under our palapa near the ocean of course.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Hope you enjoy it more than we did last month. It was our first trip and the food and drink were very underwhelming. No problem with the relaxing under our palapa near the ocean of course.

I’ve also stopped going to Nachi. I love that they limit capacity but their service isn’t what it used to be and drink selection is very limited. Not to mention their pool is tiny and freezing. 

28 minutes ago, Matt said:

I’ve also stopped going to Nachi. I love that they limit capacity but their service isn’t what it used to be and drink selection is very limited. Not to mention their pool is tiny and freezing. 

We knew about it for years but somehow never made it there til last month. Solid timing on my part, lol.

Giving Paradise Beach a try this summer. There's a pretty long discussion about it in the Shore Excursions forum from last month. Some forum members will be there next month.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

We knew about it for years but somehow never made it there til last month. Solid timing on my part, lol.

Giving Paradise Beach a try this summer. There's a pretty long discussion about it in the Shore Excursions forum from last month. Some forum members will be there next month.

I really liked Paradise Beach.  Lots of room, huge pool, food was decent, and the drink servers come fast and often.  Get there when they open and you will have free reign of the place, it didn't start getting crowded until around noon when I went.  I've never been to Nachi but I've been to Mr Sanchos and Paradise Beach is way better.  I will definitely return to Paradise the next time we are in Cozumel.  

12 minutes ago, JBC said:

I really liked Paradise Beach.  Lots of room, huge pool, food was decent, and the drink servers come fast and often.  Get there when they open and you will have free reign of the place, it didn't start getting crowded until around noon when I went.  I've never been to Nachi but I've been to Mr Sanchos and Paradise Beach is way better.  I will definitely return to Paradise the next time we are in Cozumel.  

Thanks for the feedback; that's mostly what I've been hearing. Sancho's was never an option, seemed like too much of a party vibe for us.

We're normally frugal (don't spend a penny on CocoCay for example) but splurged for a daybed at Paradise b/c the beach area looked kinda crowded in some videos with the loungers packed closely together. We normally look for smaller places (like Nachi) so this was our way of making a bigger place feel smaller.

All that said, we'd probably be fine just sitting on free loungers b/c we always get off the ship early and there are only 2 ships in Cozumel the day we're going, but once I mentioned it to my wife, it was too late, lol.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I still prefer Nachi to the other choices. We had excellent service and some cold drinks today. Good times! 

25 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I still prefer Nachi to the other choices. We had excellent service and some cold drinks today. Good times! 

Glad you enjoyed it.

We tried some frozen drinks at first and they were icy, weak, and lacking in flavor... switched to margaritas after that which were fine, just on the weak side, so I ordered a few extra.

We didn't have a bad time there, it just wasn't what I expected based on years of glowing reviews.

I'm actually trying Nachi for the first time in January.

We have been going to Paradise beach forever, but they have basically eliminated the pay as you go option and we were disappointed with the changes to the food menu (much smaller portions) the last time we were there.  

We tried Mr Sancho's but did not like the food or service.

I wonder if the popularity of the beach clubs is causing all of them to cut way back on costs since people are coming anyway.  

1 hour ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Phew... we booked it for next May for the first time based (in part) on the recommendation of one of Matt's awesome RC blog videos from 2021. No kids, so we wanted a more chill atmosphere and we liked what we saw on the video. I guess it's changed in the last year or so? I've heard so many negative comments about Mr. Sanchos over the last few years and we had no desire to go there. 

Happy to hear you had a great time!

34 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Phew... we booked it for next May for the first time based (in part) on the recommendation of one of Matt's awesome RC blog videos from 2021. No kids, so we wanted a more chill atmosphere and we liked what we saw on the video. I guess it's changed in the last year or so? I've heard so many negative comments about Mr. Sanchos over the last few years and we had no desire to go there. 

Happy to hear you had a great time!

Yeah we had a great time. I think you will be happy with the chill atmosphere. We arrived around 10am and left about 1pm and there were never significant crowds. The server called a taxi for us and within 10 minutes we were on the way back to the ship. Service has always been consistently good but I normally tip the server early on and that may very well be the reason. 

1 hour ago, GatorCruiser said:

Yeah since when did nachi fall out of favor with y’all including matt? I thought it was the preeminent beach club in costa maya ? I need some feedback here as it’s in my to do list of we cruise there while it’s open

My last two visits were just meh, and the last one had really sub par service (I think December 22?) for what I was used to at Nachi.  

They’ve always had not so great liquor selection, but when the service isn’t as personal as in the past, it’s hard to overlook their other deficiencies.  

I didn’t have a bad time, and I wouldn’t classify Nachi in same grouping as Mr Sanchos (never again), I just thought it lost a step. 

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

My last two visits were just meh, and the last one had really sub par service (I think December 22?) for what I was used to at Nachi.  

They’ve always had not so great liquor selection, but when the service isn’t as personal as in the past, it’s hard to overlook their other deficiencies.  

I didn’t have a bad time, and I wouldn’t classify Nachi in same grouping as Mr Sanchos (never again), I just thought it lost a step. 

Man that’s a bummer to hear as I value your opinion highly. And thanks again for this site. It’s invaluable