Formal night

3 hours ago, George A Stephens said:

Is there a formal night on a 4 night cruise.

I'm one of those people who always points out that people can and do wear shorts to the MDR on formal nights.

Well, same can be said for formal attire. If your going to have photos taken or just feel like it, dress as nice/formal as you want. 

Tends to be less on shorter cruises but you will see every level of dress on every night. Do your thing. Fill your boots. Shorts, formal, etc. Enjoy!

On 11/18/2023 at 10:20 PM, Linda R said:

I like dressing up and wish more people did.  But pretty much anything goes these days.   

I like that it's become more of an optional thing, people who want to do it can do it- and look great, and go get pics. Others who don't want pictures or want to lug around a suit or fancy dress can go as they please, as well. 

On 11/18/2023 at 10:20 PM, Linda R said:

I like dressing up and wish more people did.  But pretty much anything goes these days.   

Last cruise we decided it was a one suitcase trip and left the hoity toity at home. But, on Formal Night we ate in the Windjammer out of respect for the event and folks who want to dress nicely.

My wife likes dressing up on dress to impress nights and I just comply with her desires (happy wife, happy life).  She likes the buildup to the evening by getting her hair done, picking a dress, and making sure I have a coordinated outfit to somewhat match, and looks forward to eating and going to the show as a cute couple afterwards.  At the same time, we are not critical of how other people dress and it just becomes a you-do-you and we-do-us thing as long as everyone is happy. 

4 hours ago, Geezer Of The Seas said:

Last cruise we decided it was a one suitcase trip and left the hoity toity at home. But, on Formal Night we ate in the Windjammer out of respect for the event and folks who want to dress nicely.

If going to the MDR in shorts on formal night shows a lack of respect, I've given the finger to thousands. LOL.

If anyone's good time on a cruise relies on what other people are wearing......then folks your missing the boat. Literally. LOL.

4 hours ago, DoomSlayer said:

My wife likes dressing up on dress to impress nights and I just comply with her desires (happy wife, happy life).  She likes the buildup to the evening by getting her hair done, picking a dress, and making sure I have a coordinated outfit to somewhat match, and looks forward to eating and going to the show as a cute couple afterwards.  At the same time, we are not critical of how other people dress and it just becomes a you-do-you and we-do-us thing as long as everyone is happy. 

I do not get an opportunity to dress up very much and look forward to it on a cruise.