How often do ships miss going to Coco Cay?

RCIfan1912

I know I'm being my paranoid self but we are on Anthem Feb 25th to Coco Cay so we will be at Coco Cay Feb 28th. Curious about the weather in general which is why we booked it. But lately I have seen Oasis and Anthem in short time miss Coco Cay because of the weather which I guess means bad wind really. How often would you say Coco Cay is missed? Anything really to worry about? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, ScottD said:

In February you'll be pretty safe. We had great weather in February this year

Awesome, thanks and thanks for all the replies. We booked February because #1 it was freaking cheap as can be and #2 we were there the first time last August and it was sweltering hot! We thought why not try dead of winter. 

26 minutes ago, Austin said:

I wouldn’t worry though. One of the officers mentioned they miss less than 5% now whereas when it was tenders it was as high as 15-20% of dates.

That is pretty good odds. Thanks for the info. We freaking absolutely were blown away by Coco Cay. Way beyond what we thought we would have and we already had high expectations. 

1 hour ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We booked February because #1 it was freaking cheap as can be

We’re getting off the day you get on.
We’re bringing our granddaughters (and their parents) with us.  Our daughter in law is a teacher, so that’s the only week they could go….school vacation week….apparently a cash cow week for Royal. 💸

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

The end of your title was cut off on my computer when I read it, so I could see "How often do ships miss going" and my mind totally transposed it to read, "How often do ships go missing"

Only when they enter the Bermuda Triangle or visit the island from LOST.

1 hour ago, teddy said:

Our daughter in law is a teacher, so that’s the only week they could go….school vacation week….apparently a cash cow week for Royal. 💸

More like a cash cow month. Spring breaks vary greatly around the country. That's why we're sailing March 17th next year (wife is a teacher) although the group rate I got wasn't that bad. My June and July cruises were worse. Not much I can do about it except make more money or wait for her to retire.

I'll be on that sailing!  Fingers crossed we get to CoCoCay.
Last year we missed that port.....can't remember which month it was, but we went to Labadee instead.  It was a nice change since Ive been to CoCoCay so many times>
This month Oasis did not go due to weather and instead went to Fort Lauderdale.  
Another time I sailed  Anthem we were  able to dock at CocoCay during some "rough surf" but a smaller ship could not!  So we had the whole place to ourselves.

Did you see the pricing for Hideaway beach?  I booked it for my family.  I fiigured at that price  it will be our firstr and last time.  
The ocean h water at Cococay can be a bit "chilly"-but it is relevant to where you live.  As a NYer I find it fine once I am in, I'm sure someone from a warmer climate thinks I'm crazy.  Supposedly Hideaway beach has a heated ppol or 2 in addition to the beach.

Also  not sure if you have seen-Anthem cancelled one port on each of it's November sailings.  For my week it was Orlando, for the other weeks it was Nassau.  I highly doubt they will cut CoCoCay intentionally.  it will be interesting to see if they do cancellations for December.  I"ve got  no Anthem sailings booked Dec or Jan so I am not following those facebook groups and will have to rely on someone posting here.

Not sure why this week is so cheap.  Last year the week after NY winter break was Canada school break and the ship was packed, maybe the Canadians are not off this week this year. Funny enough it is my daughter's college spring break.  Spring!  LOL